High Performance DomainChecker / nTLDs / PremiumDomains / Categories

hexonet

Hello WHMCS fans,

The domain name landscape is changing dramatically with the introduction of more than 1000 new TLDs. As well there is a significant shift towards the secondary market. Taking these factors into consideration, we decided to develop a new Domain Checker Module for WHMCS.

Key Features:

- Support for the new gTLDs (.BIKE, .EMAIL, .SEXY, and many others ...)

- High-performance Domain Availability Checks using our registrar API

- Support of NameMedia Aftermarket premium domains

- Support of Donuts Registry premium domains

- Support of RightSide, .BUILD, .CEO & .MENU Registry premium domains (coming soon)

- Categorization of the TLDs in 2 levels for an improved user experience

- Various performance optimizations

- Ajax driven search (no page reload)

- Easy to install

We're looking for individuals around the world who are interested in beta testing our new module.

If you are interested, please send an email to support@hexonet.net and we will send you all the required information.

A public demo site is available at:

http://try-whmcs.hexonet.net/

User / Pass: demo / demo

Thanks in advance.

Your HEXONET Team

• 2 weeks later...

Why not switch? ;-) Feel free to PM me for special conditions.

Btw, the module does support availability checks for other registrars, by doing a fallback to whois based checks. However, registry premiums and aftermarket domains won't work then, as they have to be supported by the registrar API. We have invested a lot of development and interlectual property into this module, and don't see an economic reason to have other registrars profit from our efforts.

Like the look of this too, well done.... Like Searley I think you will find people may not want to move from current registrar setups etc, but I am sure if theres options to use like enom and nominet that people may be happy to pay for this as an add on...

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the feedback. We will consider this.

Our interest lies naturally also with domains and growing our numbers, as such we prefer that people consider switching. We have invested a lot of know-how and development work into our new Domain Checker and this new Checker allows us to differentiate ourselves from others, thus making our module more interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

We would be interested in this, along with signing up for an account to use prior to the full go live of the domain checker....however there's something wrong with your Sign Up page...it is giving an error when entering ANY email address as soon as you click away from the field:

invalidemail.PNG

I have tried a number of email addresses with multiple browsers :?:

**EDIT**

Just completed the Sign Up process by ignoring the error!

If you can PM any details re the WHMCS testing too.

Edited by CCSupport

We would be interested in this, along with signing up for an account to use prior to the full go live of the domain checker....however there's something wrong with your Sign Up page...it is giving an error when entering ANY email address as soon as you click away from the field:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6607[/ATTACH]

I have tried a number of email addresses with multiple browsers :?:

**EDIT**

Just completed the Sign Up process by ignoring the error!

If you can PM any details re the WHMCS testing too.

Thanks for your message regarding the Sign Up page bug. In fact, this is just a check, the Sign Up process can be completed by ignoring this message, but we will consider this.

installed this and working well.. a few ideas...

1, ability for categories to sort the extensions alphabetically, at the moment they search in the order they are entered, but if there are lots maybe ordered would be more client friendly..

2, an optional 'all' category, so that if you have forgotten to put an extension in a category, it will still be in a category.. OR

3, a check to show extensions that are in the pricing table but not in a category

If you are able to get this working with other registrars ( we only use nominet and enom) I am sure there would be a paying market for this

lance, from what i understand it will work with any registrar, as we use nominet and centralnic as well as hexonet

BUT, when using providers other than hexonet instead of using hexonets api to do the availability lookups it falls back on the standard whois lookup

this certain could cause problems with donuts domains as they seem to limit the whois frequency

you could always contact hexonet for a price comparison, as they offered me a better price than my existing provider and the admin system is very good.. so all new registrations will be going through hexonet, and at renewal time, we will be transferring and renewing with hexonet

i also have to say that sofar if i have raised a support request i have had a response within a few hours, my old provider often too 24 hours

If you are able to get this working with other registrars ( we only use nominet and enom) I am sure there would be a paying market for this

Hi Lance,

as Searley already said, our module works with any registrar, however you will only have High Performance API checks with Hexonet. Availability checks for extension, which are not configured with Hexonet will be realized through the standard WHOIS lookup.

Aftermarket and Registry Premium domains won't work either, as they have to be supported by the registrar API.

Feel free to contact us per email (support@hexonet.net) if you need any further information.

I'd be interested in signing up - but we're getting prices better than premium and almost at their platinum level - we couldn't entertain losing almost $2 per .com until reaching platinum status with hexonet.

email them, mention this post, and that you are looking at moving to them, they well goto platinum prices, can only ask

I need to check a few more prices - we've been with enom for years and our prices are pretty good - my pricing on .com is lower than platinum - uno - lower still - those are the only two I checked quickly. Much more checking required.

I need to check a few more prices - we've been with enom for years and our prices are pretty good - my pricing on .com is lower than platinum - uno - lower still - those are the only two I checked quickly. Much more checking required.

there is nothing stooping you using more than 1 registrar

• 5 months later...