New gTLDs Whois Server

nimonogi

Could someone re-confirm that the following work for them:

.trade|whois.nic.trade|Not found

.social|whois.unitedtld.com|Domain not found

.buzz|whois.nic.buzz|Not found

I ask as they don't seem to be working for us! If I search for love.trade / love.social etc. all come back as available.....

trade + social work for us - not sure about buzz - I checked buzz.buzz@whois.nic.buzz and it came back unregistered, but whois nic.buzz@whois.nic.buzz seems to show registered (as it should):

.buzz|whois.nic.buzz|Not found:

.trade|whois.nic.trade|Not found:

.social|whois.unitedtld.com|Domain not found

you will note though, that I have colons (:) after Not found in .buzz + .trade - you did not.

• 2 weeks later...
Beauty...cheers Brian

no problem.

i'm on holiday at the moment - so i'm only responding to subscribed threads where necessary and not reading the other new threads! :)

I might have some catching up to do on my return - which all being well, should be Wednesday next week - no doubt Alex and the official whmcs support guys are keeping this place running smoothly! :idea:

Well you are missing quite a lot ;-)

To everyone....I have noticed that the new .dental TLD has different prices for different names! Not premium...not held back or unavlaible...or even ones that are on the resale market...just different prices for unregistered domains. It seems they have decided to give different prices on names that have a full city/towns in it! It's crazy! So, for instance, if you try to look at a non-city/town one it will come up with the normal cost (around $41 wholesale with eNom) however you put a town.detnal...even a small relatively unknown town and it will be double or triple the cost.

Now...here's the issue...if we have a specific cost for our clients...say $45....then they purchase a .dental with a town in the name the cost to us could be $81 / $120 / $285....we've had all these so far!! Now yes of course we have it so after an order we check before it gets sent to the registrar, however this is ridiculous as we have to check every one and then go back to the client and tell them in essence our price is wrong! grrrrr

Well you are missing quite a lot ;-)

fingers in ears - la la la... i'm not looking ! :)

To everyone....I have noticed that the new .dental TLD has different prices for different names! Not premium...not held back or unavlaible...or even ones that are on the resale market...just different prices for unregistered domains. It seems they have decided to give different prices on names that have a full city/towns in it! It's crazy! So, for instance, if you try to look at a non-city/town one it will come up with the normal cost (around $41 wholesale with eNom) however you put a town.detnal...even a small relatively unknown town and it will be double or triple the cost.

Now...here's the issue...if we have a specific cost for our clients...say $45....then they purchase a .dental with a town in the name the cost to us could be $81 / $120 / $285....we've had all these so far!! Now yes of course we have it so after an order we check before it gets sent to the registrar, however this is ridiculous as we have to check every one and then go back to the client and tell them in essence our price is wrong! grrrrr

perhaps they are premium - just at multiple levels of prices!

I doubt there is a way to resolve this in a default setup - other than using an api solution rather than whois...

I suppose in theory if you could get a list of towns etc, then you could block them by modifying domain checker, but that would be a lot of hassle... M&M have a list of towns/cities - but it's tens of thousands and Donuts might not even be using the same list!

.audio|whois.nic.audio|is available for registration
.claims|whois.nic.claims|Domain not found
.credit|whois.nic.credit|Domain not found
.creditcard|whois.nic.creditcard|Domain not found
.gratis|whois.nic.gratis|Domain not found
.hiphop|whois.nic.hiphop|is available for registration