New gTLDs Whois Server

nimonogi

Can anyone help with the .london domains? Everything is showing as unavailable using the following:

.london|whois.nic.london|Not Registered

Is it because they have a captcha on whois.nic.london so it can't be used with WHMCS?

it should work as the above entry is right - but currently it's not returning any results (neither is an alternate setting that I have) - i'm assuming that this is because .london was launched to GA a couple of hours ago and perhaps the whois server is swamped?

it should work as the above entry is right - but currently it's not returning any results (neither is an alternate setting that I have) - i'm assuming that this is because .london was launched to GA a couple of hours ago and perhaps the whois server is swamped?

The fact whois.nic.london has a captcha on it isn't causing the issue is it?

The fact whois.nic.london has a captcha on it isn't causing the issue is it?

definitely not.

in the case of .london, and using the above entry, whmcs isn't using the web site whois form, it's trying to access the whois server using port 43.

I think the web site whois form isn't working correctly either, so I think they are having a general issue with their whois.

testing further, it seems that you can search for nic.london using whmcs or the web whois form and it gives you the correct result - any other search currently just gives a blank reply.

Edited by brian!

anyone got the entry for .global ?

.global|whois.nic.global|NOT FOUND

also .London not working from the earlier post

if you are using a registrar that can utilise API searches (Resellerclub, Resell, NEO, Hexonet and possibly others) then searches should work - for everyone else using the previous whois setting, then their whois server is still returning a blank reply.

there's nothing that can be done about that until Minds & Machines get their whois working correctly - unless you could find a web whois that doesn't use captcha.

thanks Brian, global now working.

For London guess we will need to wait like a lot of others.

with regards to .london, i've had a reply from them...

I just had a look at the Whois website and it is working for me. I tried the following domain name: Iranian.london.

You may want to try a few. Sometimes the Whois data might need a few days to update, depending on when the registrant accepted the email verification notification.

If the Whois returns no result that means there is no Whois record for that domain name at present.

so it seems that it is returning blank results by design - which is no use for WHMCS!

i've replied suggesting that they add some text response when whois searches produce negative results (i.e no whois entry found) - if they can do that, then I can adjust the entry to search for that.

- - - Updated - - -

.accountants|whois.nic.accountants|Domain not found
.digital|whois.nic.digital|Domain not found
.finance|whois.nic.finance|Domain not found
.insure|whois.nic.insure|Domain not found

thanks to the quick response of the support guys at dotlondondomains, we now have a working whois entry for .london

.london|whois.nic.london|Not Registered

however, I hope that it's not a final solution because it seems to be marking every domain that is not registered with the "Not Registered" string - including domains such as example.london, london.london, google.london - none of which should be available to register.

i've explained this to them, so hopefully they'll be able to mark these domains in some way (anything other than "Not Registered" will do) so that WHMCS sees them as registered.

.cooking|whois.nic.cooking|Not Registered
.country|whois.nic.country|Not Registered
.fishing|whois.nic.fishing|Not Registered
.guide|whois.nic.guide|Domain not found
.hiv|whois.nic.hiv|NOT FOUND
.horse|whois.nic.horse|Not Registered
.host|whois.nic.host|DOMAIN NOT FOUND
.press|whois.nic.press|DOMAIN NOT FOUND
.rodeo|whois.nic.rodeo|Not Registered
.vegas|whois.nic.vegas|NOT FOUND
.vodka|whois.nic.vodka|Not Registered
.website|whois.nic.website|DOMAIN NOT FOUND

.life|whois.nic.life|Domain not found
.loans|whois.nic.loans|Domain not found

... and .church is at the top of this page!

.cooking|whois.nic.cooking|Not Registered
.country|whois.nic.country|Not Registered
.fishing|whois.nic.fishing|Not Registered
.guide|whois.nic.guide|Domain not found
.hiv|whois.nic.hiv|NOT FOUND
.horse|whois.nic.horse|Not Registered
.host|whois.nic.host|DOMAIN NOT FOUND
.press|whois.nic.press|DOMAIN NOT FOUND
.rodeo|whois.nic.rodeo|Not Registered
.vegas|whois.nic.vegas|NOT FOUND
.vodka|whois.nic.vodka|Not Registered
.website|whois.nic.website|DOMAIN NOT FOUND

Thanks a million.

Tony,

using the same format as the other .nz domains should show you if a domain is available...

.nz|whois.srs.net.nz|220 Available

that shows anyname.nz as being taken and dfdfsfdfdsf.nz as available.

you can't modify whoisservers.php to check if its prohibited, conflicted etc...

you might be able to modify the .uk addon if you need to determine rights to registration, but I don't know how easy it would be.

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=91822