I found this

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?15103-PHPBB3-Bridge-to-WHMCS

However is it really old but it is the only one of its kind i could find with any information. However i cannot download the zip, the forum tells me i am not logged in when in fact i am logged in.

Any ideas if this has been updated or does anyone have another resource for this sort of mod..

WHMCS -> PHPBB

I am reworking this script and pretty much gutting it and redoing it, it does not work for tons of reasons. It is not just as simple as grabbing the simple input and posting it. phpBB puts data thru the ringer, i knew that there was alot happening but i had no idea how deep it went with utf8 functions and deep deep translations. Just the username goes thru tons of utf8 functions that it blew my mind and it does this before it is ever posted to the db in another field value as a clean username.

And its not like you can leave the data null because there are some processes that delete those id's if certain data is null. And if you get the utf8 code wrong and post the wrong result then that data gets filtered into other tables and before you know it your forum db blows up.

I still want to do this project and this mod..

However since this is such a involved project (more than i expected) i will need to charge for the mod like $5.00 each (i am hoping that the volume of sales will offset my time) and i would like to know if anyone is even still interested in having this whmcs -> phpbb hook so that a user is registered for your phpbb forum when they register via your whmcs?

Please reply if this interests you.. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i have had some medical issues that have not allowed me to do any projects for awhile. I should be back to some functionality project wise toward the end of this month and then ill get back on this project then.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am about 75% there folks, i started my own version from scratch yesterday and i will try to have this done by the weekend. Remember that it takes whmcs about 1 - 2 weeks to approve once i get it submitted so it may not be listed on the addon site right away. But so far it looks good. phpBB changed some stuff awhile back so some stuff ill have to redo.

But as i said im about 75% there. Im just working out some little kinks now and making sure flap a goes into flap b lmao :)

Edited by durangod

Ok folks its done, took me longer than expected but it came out totally sweet and i will have a video ready sometime today and have up on the site. I will also get this submitted today for approval. I did some very special stuff for you all and im pretty gosh darn proud of myself... I even did the oh yeah im good dance around my desk... For 3 days now i been burning up the keys but its beautiful..

I will have a listing of all the features later today too and ill post those too here.

Thanks, i know youll love it :)

Folks, can i please ask that you not create a hosting account via my hosting company to simply test the phpBB bridge, thats why i made the video. Several of you have created accounts and then canceled the order, i dont appreciate that form of testing, thats is not what my hosting site is for. If you dont believe the video or trust me then ask if there you can test it yourself and i will see what i can do. Sorry but i got 4 orders over the last couple of days and its the same thing...

I ask that you not do this... thanks :)

also moderator can you please move this into the marketplace section now, thanks so much :)

Edited by durangod

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, please pm me your IP and ill check the ip table and get you access.

Also everyone i wanted to add something, there seems to be some confusion and i dont know why because i never mentioned anything different. To be clear you DO NOT have to combine your WHMCS and phpBB databases. This addon is designed to work with seperate databases. So you have a install and DB for WHMCS and a seperate install and DB for phpBB. That is what most people have and that is the most common way, and that is exactly the environment that this addon expects.

So having two db is perfectly fine and it is how i have mine set up as well.

Folks this module is designed for cPanel with WHM and apache with centos. I am working with one client now who has no cPanel and no WHM but installed WHMCS on debian server with apache. And i am trying to get them going on this special version of this addon.

I would like to know if any of you running whmcs on debian server if you have any issues with whmcs or any other addons as i do not have the debian test environment.

So sorry for the delay, sometimes i get the messages for replies and sometimes i dont... So my sincere apology. I will look now for your ip to see whats going on... and reply back here shortly

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your order and your patience. fyi 186.225 is not listed on the icodemods site deny at all in any form. i found 186.207. but thats all. Unless its cPhulk thats doing it. I will check that and the firewall as well.

I do plan on building a auto download script for the addons after payment as this is not part of my WHMCS yet. I just have not done so as yet. But i will get it done when i can.

Edited by durangod

On a different note. The fact that i did not get the messages or the pm notify is not because infopro was not doing his job, he was. Its because i dont know how to use a forum with too many options. phpbb you just reply or you subscribe one time and thats it, no fuss. But this stupid forum software has way too many options for the normal user. I bet that most of us dont even use 60 percent of the features on here.

So im sorry if it appeared it was someone else, but it was not. When it comes to this forum and its features im a dumbass, but you know what, life goes on. So i apologize to those i need to apologize to. I did change some settings just now, if thats not all of them i need to change well sorry about that, again that means there are too darn many...

And i was being honest, i did not get them, i was not lying. But its my fault cause i did not and dont know how to set this up and i dont have the time to spend on it.

Edited by durangod

I hope to have a new version out soon. No major changes as the current version works perfectly. Howerver just adding some ideas i have. You might consider getting this now and then you get the updates for free for 24 months, as the new version will be a few dollars more.

By the way just to be clear that post above t#23 we were talking about whmcs forum not my plugin or phpbb... :)

Edited by durangod