KyneticWeb - Web Design and Hosting Solutions

KyneticWeb

The Concept, The Why, The Love

Well, we have decided to go (in our minds) completely outside the box in respect to the typical style of hosting websites. Our design showcases our love .. not only for IT solutions.. but our desire for clean and functional design.

Site Features

Featuring side navigation, top menu bar for guest and dedicated to logged in users. Live notifications appear on login.. announcements in top notify box. Customized cart, clean and user friendly client area (seamless usage of the front to back.. i.e; What you see on the front as a guest is what you see on the back as a member .. and then some)

Cart

The cart is overhauled entirely as we were going to stick with individual pages per product. This proved to be a bit of a conflict and was rather sloppy. So, a little smarty "if product.gid= " magic got us in order to produce completely different charts per service supplied. The result we think is rather pleasant and keeps everything seamless and copesetic.

Working on the styling of the actual cart is our next design phase as we are working our way from the outside in to avoid any "redo's"

Forums and Bridging

Joomla (EasyDiscuss) plays host to our forums in which we have used Go Higher IS 'J!WHMCS' to bridge the two platforms. We did not use the bridge in the traditional sense.. instead of wrapping Joomla! around WHMCS.. we decided to make some changes and wrap WHMCS around Joomla!. This was quite the task and we used the default 'Atomic' template to setup the forums, then created custom modules for the top and aside menus in the site. Using joomla GET functions we were able to show the usernames from WHMCS within Joomla!

We have disabled the forums to be seen from the public eye and is a registered member only access forum. Security for clients and a little bit of additional love is our priority. We aim to communicate with those that need the service rather that have public discussions to muddy the water. Not an arrogant solution... merely a means to keep focus where focus needs to be.

To accomplish this we used pieces of Jetserver's 'WHMCS Jetserver Joomla Bridge'. We threw away the component that came with it and used only the redirects from the plugin. This way if public users navigate to the forums directory to bypass WHMCS.. it redirects them to the WHMCS login. Seems to be a solid solution and thanks to communications with Steven at Go Higher IS.. we have all the ordering sorted and kinks worked out.

Not quite completed.. but check us out!

Check us out and view our Timeline. We're starting to purchase servers here in the next few days. We'll be going live in early to mid-march. We'd like to hear feedback from those of you in the industry.. I personally am new to Web Hosting but my heart and soul lies in Design. I'll respect any solid critiques and thank you accordingly for compliments, suggestions and whatnot.

Thanks for checking us out and we'll answer any questions -- if there are any. :)

Also, I can't end this without giving solid thanks to the WHMCS staff and team. Without this platform we would had taken much longer to build a (now going on 3 months design and development.. and figuring out smarty :-P ) platform for the services we love to give. We're a two man team atm.. but it is incredible how much easier it is to manage with the love that WHMCS has put into their product.

Link to KyneticWeb

http://www.kyneticweb.com

• 1 month later...

I have opened up the Forums for public use. Also, it will afford a better look at the bridging power of the selected and above mentioned components. I will state that Joomla! is only being used to handle the forum software.

I do hope you guys find it as enjoyable as I have. It's launch day!

https://www.kyneticweb.com/forum/

Thanks for watching

Would have checked this out but all the pages on your website is blank with the exception of your forum.

Yeah, apologies for that Alex. We had contacted clients and informed them we were going to be running trials on our bridge software for the night.. hence the white pages you see. Everything is back to normal now.

Thanks for giving it a look.