New Domains

lance

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know if it is possible to have newTLDs launch at a particular time - ie, have them become available at 8AM PST - rather than immediately that I add them.

- - - Updated - - -

speaking of which - anyone got the whoisservers.php entries for newTLDs launching today?

.bike

.clothing

.guru

.holdings

.plumbing

.singles

.ventures

- - - Updated - - -

ok - this is what I'm trying - IANA reports all the new TLDs launching today will use whois.donuts.co:

example:

http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/ventures.html

Here is what I am putting into my whoisservers.php:

.bike|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.clothing|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.guru|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.holdings|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.plumbing|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.singles|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.ventures|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

If I'm wrong - PLEASE correct me! ;)

hmm.. the next batch on the 12th also seems to ALL be donuts.co

camera|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

equipment|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

estate|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

gallery|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

graphics|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

lighting|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

photography|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

but the release of .sexy + .tattoo on 02/14 are uniregistry.net

sexy|whois.uniregistry.net|No match for

tattoo|whois.uniregistry.net|No match for

doing a test on enom lookup, seems some can be registered, eg lets say plumbing

cardifftest.plumbing - $26

Cardiff.plumbing - $81

London.plumbing - $265

So would be careful about adding the new domains for auto registration as seems their prices are varied depending on the search performed.... could end up costing you a lot of money if your charging your client eg $30

No kidding Varial in the "Ugh" statement. I'm sooo extremely disappointed in eNom's implementation of the new TLD's. I specifically paid money for a particular .bike domain. I can see at Donuts.co that it was awarded to eNom as the sponsoring registrar, and yet eNom awarded it to someone else without any explanation as to why. No chance to pay a premium price or to bid on it or anything.

I've spent a significant amount of money marketing the new TLD's, and I can't even explain the process to my customers. There seems to be no logic at all to the process. The New TLD interface is absolutely horrible. I can see that some domain names can be ordered for a different price directly at eNom.com by agreeing to pay a higher price. But this same option is not possible through the WHMCS Addon module that they've provided to the reseller community. I'm now stuck telling my customers they must go directly to eNom.com to order their domain name, or that they must use a competitor like GoDaddy. :-( I feel a bit betrayed by eNom after having spent so much on marketing the new names on their behalf.

And the differing price for the premium domains basically means I'm unable to implement for my customers directly on my website.

If anyone has further information one how to implement selling these new TLD's reliably, I'd sure love to hear about it. I'm entirely open to using a registrar other than eNom at this point. Maybe it's just too complex a process for any of them to get it right from a reseller API Interface perspective?

Thanks greghl for posting the details for the whois file. It's at least a start.

Just a quick update.

I added the whoisservers listed about by greghl, and it seems to work for .bike at least. I went ahead and placed an order as a test and it does seem to be working. While certainly I can't speak to the premium domains as a potential issue. I suppose I will log another ticket with eNom asking them about that problem.

No kidding Varial in the "Ugh" statement. I'm sooo extremely disappointed in eNom's implementation of the new TLD's. I specifically paid money for a particular .bike domain. I can see at Donuts.co that it was awarded to eNom as the sponsoring registrar, and yet eNom awarded it to someone else without any explanation as to why. No chance to pay a premium price or to bid on it or anything.

I've spent a significant amount of money marketing the new TLD's, and I can't even explain the process to my customers. There seems to be no logic at all to the process. The New TLD interface is absolutely horrible. I can see that some domain names can be ordered for a different price directly at eNom.com by agreeing to pay a higher price. But this same option is not possible through the WHMCS Addon module that they've provided to the reseller community. I'm now stuck telling my customers they must go directly to eNom.com to order their domain name, or that they must use a competitor like GoDaddy. :-( I feel a bit betrayed by eNom after having spent so much on marketing the new names on their behalf.

And the differing price for the premium domains basically means I'm unable to implement for my customers directly on my website.

If anyone has further information one how to implement selling these new TLD's reliably, I'd sure love to hear about it. I'm entirely open to using a registrar other than eNom at this point. Maybe it's just too complex a process for any of them to get it right from a reseller API Interface perspective?

Thanks greghl for posting the details for the whois file. It's at least a start.

Same boat. eNom whois works fine, pricing is foobared.

I've sent a ticket into support to see if the premium domains can be ignored within the account. Failing that it will he to be a rewrite of the eNom module...

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the API returns if it is a premium domain using the Check command.

[TABLE=width: 635]

[TR=class: Description]

[TD=colspan: 2]Returned parameters and values [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: NormalText]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2] [TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR=class: TableHeader]

[TD] Param name [/TD]

[TD] Definition [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even]

[TD]DomainX[/TD]

[TD] If return includes multiple domains, the name of domain X (indexed

X in HTML and Text output, but not in XML output)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: odd]

[TD]RRPCodeX[/TD]

[TD] Success code. Only 210 indicates that the name is available at the

Registry. 211 indicates the domain is not available at the Registry.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]RRPTextX[/TD]

[TD] Text which accompanies and describes the RRPCode.

210 Domain available

211 Domain not available [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]IsPremiumName[/TD]

[TD] True indicates this is a premium name. [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]PremiumPrice[/TD]

[TD] Registration price per year for this premium name, in $US.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD] PremiumAboveThresholdPrice [/TD]

[TD] True indicates the registration price for this premium name is higher than for non-premium names. [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]AuctionDateX[/TD]

[TD] Scheduled closing date for this auction[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]AuctionIDX[/TD]

[TD] Auction ID number for this domain name[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]DomainCount[/TD]

[TD] The number of names checked.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Command[/TD]

[TD] Name of command executed[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]ErrCount[/TD]

[TD] The number of errors if any occurred. If greater than 0 check the Err(1 to ErrCount) values.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]ErrX[/TD]

[TD] Error messages explaining the failure. These can be presented as is

back to the client.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Done[/TD]

[TD]True indicates this entire response has reached you successfully.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Here's the response I received from WHMCS about the premium pricing issue:

Regrettably differentiating between premium and standard domains is not a feature of WHMCS, all domains for the same TLD will be charged at the same price.

However we welcome suggestions for new features on our feature request system: http://requests.whmcs.com

Feel free to search existing feature requests, vote, comment and submit your ideas.

In the meantime, you may find this is something a member of our community has already developed, so it would be worth browsing our app store: http://www.whmcs.com/appstore

I'm absolutely shocked that nothing is in place for the general availability of these new TLDs in WHMCS. With all the time and promotion that has gone into it, I would have imagined WHMCS would have been updated long ago to support it. Not even 5.3.3 that was released yesterday has the new whois servers. What's the point of developing modules for pre-orders but having nothing in place for when they are actually public.

Thanks for posting that API info openmind, I've opened a feature request with WHMCS for premium domain handling to be added, whether that be blocking them, updating pricing, or having the customer email for a quote.

Please upvote: https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/new-tld-support

WHMCS TLD Management Tools need many improvements:

- Fully IDN support;

- Fully newTLD support;

- Support for Sunrise and other new domains phases;

- Configuration of Renewal Grace Period and Restore fees per TLD and Registrar;

- Better Registrar syncronization (more details, for example: Tell the customer when the Domain is not yet verified, allow customer to request the e-mail validation to be sent again, etc);

WHMCS TLD Management Tools need many improvements:

- Fully IDN support;

- Fully newTLD support;

- Support for Sunrise and other new domains phases;

- Configuration of Renewal Grace Period and Restore fees per TLD and Registrar;

- Better Registrar syncronization (more details, for example: Tell the customer when the Domain is not yet verified, allow customer to request the e-mail validation to be sent again, etc);

Agree!!!

IDN support is really crappy!

I'm in a real pickle here.

Since upgrading to version 5.3.3, has anyone gone to "Addons -> eNom New TLDs" and tried clicking "Update >>"? Can someone try this and let me know what happens? Does it work? Do you get an error message?

Also, is anyone in the same boat as me, where you manually installed the "eNom New TLDs" addon module, and when you go to "Setup -> Addon Modules" you now see TWO different modules in there? One is listed as "eNom New TLDS" version 1.0, and the other is listed as "New TLDs" version 1.1. Both authored by eNom, but with different file names and paths.

Per eNom's instructions, I had tried to remove the 1.0 plugin I installed and then activate the 1.1 module that is apparently built into WHMCS. After disabling and removing the original 1.0 plugin, I can no longer get either to activate without error. I get the following error.

"Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0".

I've tried restoring my database tables relating to the new TLD's module. While it seems to be active, when a customer goes to the new tld portal, they receive the following error message.

"Oops! This portal has been disabled."

I've got customers who used the portal to place pre-orders, and create watch-lists. None of the customers can get to the status of their watch-lists or pre-orders, which is going to be a real problem if any of these go to auction or require follow up. I may have customers who may lose out on their domain name without being able to access the interface.

Seriously disappointed and wondering if anyone can confirm similar problems after upgrading to 5.3.3.

Thanks

Richard

hmm.. the next batch on the 12th also seems to ALL be donuts.co

camera|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

equipment|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

estate|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

gallery|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

graphics|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

lighting|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

photography|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

but the release of .sexy + .tattoo on 02/14 are uniregistry.net

sexy|whois.uniregistry.net|No match for

tattoo|whois.uniregistry.net|No match for

in case you took this as posted and put it into your whoisservers.php - you need to insert a period (full-stop) - before the tlds - ie:

.camera|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.equipment|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.estate|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.gallery|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.graphics|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.lighting|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.photography|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

For .sexy + .tattoo on 02/14:

.sexy|whois.uniregistry.net|No match for

.tattoo|whois.uniregistry.net|No match for

thanks for the info greghl .... Have you implemented any of these to your WHMCS yet for pricing? if so what registrar are you using???

Anyone using opensrs instread of enom that can provide some feedback if the new tlds are a static price there?

Just had a customer order a premium domain and one good thing to note, the current eNom API will not successfully register them, it gives the following error:

Error: CustomerSuppliedPrice is invalid or missing

So this saved us from paying twice the price for a domain than we are selling it for, however still have the awkward bit of having to contact the client to notify them that this is a premium priced domain and we'll have to charge them more if they want it or refund them.

thanks for the info greghl .... Have you implemented any of these to your WHMCS yet for pricing? if so what registrar are you using???

Anyone using opensrs instread of enom that can provide some feedback if the new tlds are a static price there?

we're using enom - and have not hit problems yet with anything premium breaking things. We'll keep an eye on it closely though and we'll discuss issues with WHMCS + eNom at ||'s summit week after next.

To carry on from Greghl, some new ones today all again on donuts

.construction|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.contractors|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.directory|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.kitchen|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.land|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.technology|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

I missed yesterday was I had the day off... sorry... yesterday I launched 7 new TLDs

.construction|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.contractors|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.directory|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.kitchen|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.land|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.technology|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.today|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found