Ticket attachment redirects to clients area

mtk

Hey,

when trying to download attachments from tickets (on the admin side) the URL redirects to the client area!

(and no attachment is downloaded)

This happens to both new tickets (that were recieved after upgrading to 5.2.12) and old.

MtK

Edited by mtk

• WHMCS CEO

This has been confirmed as an issue affecting the most recent security release.

The issue only affects the downloading of attachments in the original message of a ticket, those in replies can still be downloaded.

Below are patch files that fix this, simply download the appropriate patch for your version and then upload the file contained in it to the root directory of your WHMCS installation.

Version 5.2.12 - TicketAttachmentFixV5212.zip

Version 5.1.13 - TicketAttachmentFixV5113.zip

Matt

Matt

I am having a similar issue with downloading the PDF version of invoices ( when clicking the download link on the bottom of the invoice page ) and also files from the download section of the client area. it just redirect to the login page. the version I am running is 5.2.12. and clue why this is happening?

thanks

I am having a similar issue with downloading the PDF version of invoices ( when clicking the download link on the bottom of the invoice page ) and also files from the download section of the client area. it just redirect to the login page. the version I am running is 5.2.12. and clue why this is happening?

I had the issue with downloading PDFs, in the past, on version 5.2.8. Things would work when I disabled SSL, but with SSL enabled, it would redirect to the client area login when I tried to view/download PDFs (invoices or quotes). Apparently, I had some rewrite rules that were causing the issues. Excluding dl.php from the mod_rewrite rules, with the following line, fixed it:

# Exclude dl.php from rewrite rules
RewriteRule ^(dl\.php) - [L] 

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but that is how I fixed it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

This did not fix it for us, we have the attachments folder outside of the public area for security reasons and have put the path in the config file and when support tickets are logged, the files are getting put in the folder, but from within the portal, i am not able to access the files within the support tickets. the error i get is "File not found. Please contact support"

This has been confirmed as an issue affecting the most recent security release.

The issue only affects the downloading of attachments in the original message of a ticket, those in replies can still be downloaded.

Below are patch files that fix this, simply download the appropriate patch for your version and then upload the file contained in it to the root directory of your WHMCS installation.

Version 5.2.12 - [ATTACH]5222[/ATTACH]

Version 5.1.13 - [ATTACH]5226[/ATTACH]

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Version 5.1 is now EOL (End of Life). This means patches will no longer be provided for it. You will have to upgrade to 5.2 to get any fixes going forward. Are you positive the custom payment gateway does not work on the latest 5.2 version? Have you tested it?

http://docs.whmcs.com/Long_Term_Support#WHMCS_Version_.26_LTS_Schedule

Edited by SeanP

We had the same concerns, with some custom modules we have, when we went from the 5.1 series to the latest 5.2 version. Fortunately, we were able to test everything thoroughly, and our modules worked on the latest version. It's always best to be on the latest version, if at all possible, especially being the nature of the software.

Another thing to mention, if you haven't already done so, is to get a development license from WHMCS. If you put in a support ticket, they will give you a development license key. You can then install a dev environment, of WHMCS, and do all your testing there, before rolling anything into production.

• 2 weeks later...