How easy or difficult is to redesign the home template to look like Support Trio

albatroz

Dead easy; I've almost finished customising WHMCS to resemble Modernbill
Im sorry, I have to ask if you do not mind: Why are you trying to make whmcs look like modernbill? I understand trying to make whmcs look unique but to make it look like modernbill is really confusing me. Would you mind explaining why your are going for this instead of something original or unique?

Ya I can understand that... well partially anyway. One of the main reasons I like whmcs is that you can change it around to fit your needs with ease as you stated above yet, to spend the time to change it from one known "look"(whmcs) to another known "look"(MB) kind of defeats the purpose of whmcs's great template system, even though it did work how you wanted it to.

Plus, I'm not positive in your case but, I believe most clients would be able to pick up the new changes eventually and view those changes as advances your company is making on there behalf. Seems like, now that you have the freedom to do so, you are using whmcs to go backwards instead of using it to move forwards. Anyway its not my site or my clients so I regress, goodluck all the same :)

Albatroz,

Sorry I got off your subject a bit there. Is the Support Trio's theme/design something that can be freely copied and applied to whmcs?

I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time and effort coping something that later on could get you in trouble as a business or at least bring you heat in-turn forcing you to create an original concept when you could of just done that from the start. I am not sure what license comes with that particular software, but usually directly coping someone else's design is called stealing. I am not sure in this case how that works, so just a thought I guess.

Albatroz,

Sorry I got off your subject a bit there. Is the Support Trio's theme/design something that can be freely copied and applied to whmcs?

I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time and effort coping something that later on could get you in trouble as a business or at least bring you heat in-turn forcing you to create an original concept when you could of just done that from the start. I am not sure what license comes with that particular software, but usually directly coping someone else's design is called stealing. I am not sure in this case how that works, so just a thought I guess.

IF he asked so i believe he got the software just as i do , so if he have it he is allowed to use the images anywhere in his webiste if he doesn't then it's theft !

IF he asked so i believe he got the software just as i do , so if he have it he is allowed to use the images anywhere in his webiste if he doesn't then it's theft !
You could be right joe123, I am not sure one way or another. In fact I like the integration you made. It looks good. If support trio says its okay then you guys have nothing to worry about.

Ya I can understand that... well partially anyway. One of the main reasons I like whmcs is that you can change it around to fit your needs with ease as you stated above yet, to spend the time to change it from one known "look"(whmcs) to another known "look"(MB) kind of defeats the purpose of whmcs's great template system, even though it did work how you wanted it to.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my Modernbill install is also heavily modified; it doesn't look like MB. I just like the navigation flow, the way all the support things are under a section called "Get Support" and all the package and domains things are under a section called "My Sites" etc.

I prefer having having those 5 main links on every page rather than the 8+ of the default WHMCS layout.

Anyway, apologies for hijacking your thread somewhat.

it's easy to modify it if you know the basics of html and css , its not that hard , i give you permission to copy anything from this website

http://www.hosting777.com/clients/

That is quite a swish "trio" looking WHMCS page - well done.

Care to share some of the .tpl with details on any challenges you overcame for those looking to do the same ?

I Really do not like to post Download links in the forum , it is really simple and no challenges at all , its only 20 minutes work , nothing special .

i sent the download link to albatroz and anyone else needs it just PM Me , its not a big deal those files.

Good question,

I have left a message regarding that on their helpdesk system.

Anyway I will be using Support Trio too, what I want is to have an homogeneous web design

in the several parts of my website.

Albatroz,

I sent an email to Support Trio people and what they told me was that

the only problem we may have would be related with the icons.

The reason is that they have paid someone for using the icons

only with their software.

Other than that, they don´t see any problem.

Albatroz,

I sent an email to Support Trio people and what they told me was that

the only problem we may have would be related with the icons.

The reason is that they have paid someone for using the icons

only with their software.

Other than that, they don´t see any problem.

Hey thats great to know and sounds like joe123 is sharing too so your all set. Just find some icons which should be easy enough, and probably a good idea anyway to give it a bit of uniqueness.