Localization

How important is localization to you?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How important is localization to you?

• Very important
    • Somewhat important
    • No preference
    • Not important at all

There was no not important at all option.

We're a company which communicates in English. Providing service in any other language could affect our service levels as we can't understand what the customer is saying! Simply put, in my case, if you can't speak English, we feel it will be best for everyone if you go to a host which does speak your language natively.

Being a Canadian entity, the primary language is English or French; English in my case. If I were to support another language it would be French, but no other though.

Google Translate offers on-the-fly translations for other languages. It may not be 1000% accurate all of the time, but is fairly accurate nonetheless.

At the end of the day, the primary language is English. Even though I do have a global client-base, I couldn't possibly learn every language on the planet to localize and provide support for/in all of them.

With that said, I offer everything in my native language only; English.

Edited by WHMCS JamesX

There was no not important at all option.

Typically, ratings are done from greatest to least. The poll tapers from Very Important, to They can translate themselves. "They can translate themselves", being "Not important at all". I apologize if that was unclear. Hopefully this will clear it up for future commentary. Thanks!

I am a bit surprised you are asking this question, but since you're new to WHMCS I'll have some understanding.

Real multi-language of WHMCS was asked MANY times in the past years. You can/should search the forums, these are few of the threads I found but you can do it better then me I guess :)

http://forum.whmcs.com/search.php?searchid=577639

(or just search "multilanguage", "localization", or use your imagination).

The proof we need localization is the existing modules that make it possible (hard coded, but we must have multilanguage description of products etc if we have our website in more then 1 language).

I don't mind if the admin area is in english or whatever language, don't care how pleasant is to look at it aesthetically or whatever, but the front-end MUST support FULL and REAL multilanguage.

I hope you will make that possible in close future.

• 1 month later...

I will be voting shortly. i think this is far too broad a question though. Look at it this way, i run my own business from end to end, i speak only one language fluently and slim pickings of a couple of others. The problem here is, Yes i would love to have a multilingual website, but when it comes down to it. what am i going to do when a client comes to my website, likes what they see (in say spanish) then orders, from here my end is simple, provision their service, but now comes a question, a problem some issue, but the person who ordered cant speak english, i cant speak spanish. in this instance i would have to say no, multilingual is a very bad idea.

On the other foot. If i have a support team, i can put together a team of multilingual support staff, so then yes full support for multilingualism would be a definite boost, i mean the full face of the website, every single aspect of service from end to end in a seemless language would be superb. Of course this means i either learn the languages or i have to put a lot of trust into people i may know fairly little about, ofcourse in time that wouldnt be a concern. but still. there are issues to overcome with all cases, either you stay with one language and hope you get enough custom (yes im praying here) or you dont and then you hope your staff are as good as they are telling you they are.;.. how would you know :( pmsl

I will say one last edit, Having a site only partially translated is an absolute waste of time, it makes us look stupid and amateur and to be honest, if i was looking over a website that looked like that i just wouldnt waste my time with them, if they cant be bothered to translate the whole site, or at least try to then they obviously care little about my business so i wont give them a second thought

Edited by disgruntled

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I prefer polls as it provides a better metrics system rather than sifting through forum posts stating, "+1", or "It doesn't matter to me, let them use Chrome".

I need to create another registration if I want to vote or login via tweeter, facebook or google. What a nonsense? I have whmcs customer login. O yes, you don't care about existing customers, you need info how many potential new customers have interest in multilingual ;)

Yes, we need multilingual. We discussed about the multilingual since 2006, now we have 2013 ....

We switched to HostBill for the same reason, HostBill is multilingual and has ProxMox module, so yes we must have a multilingual system, we are in the EU with 23+ languages ​​and we belong in a small country with 5.5 million people so we need multi-language Germany is 90 million people and France is 66 million people so just a few more languages ​​would do that we multiply our income, this is not something we think this is something we know.

• 2 months later...

Localization or translation?

We do localisation (Yes, an s not a z) by changing all the US english values in the language files to the Australian spelling. We don't require language translations so edit only the English language file by way of an override file.

Localisation also includes date/time, number and currency values. So in answering this poll I am taking it as localization not translation.