Free Simple Citrix XenServer Module

nveid

Here's a very extremely simple Citrix XenServer module. It can't be used for creating VM's, it can't be used for deleting them.. So what can it do?

1) Allows client to reboot their VM from the client area

2) Provides the following VM commands in the admin area for the client: Shutdown, Start, Reboot.

3) On account suspension it shuts the VM down

4) On account unsuspend it starts the VM up

Distributing the Module under the MIT License, though if anyone else creates improvements for it I'd love to hear about it. :)

(This module requires the php5-xmlrpc extension)

Download Module

MIT License.. Its just a really simple way to communicate to your XenServer..

What type of network & hdd options are you seeing you'd like to integrate into it? I wasn't doing a full blown VPS control panel here. I more or less envisioned this module to handle very basic operations to the VM so you don't have to give everyones accounts to access the XenCenter.

I'll see think about adding console access to it, not sure of the best way to do it with WHMCS... But I'll think about it. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to make sure I got this right. I create a folder in /modules/servers/simplexen and then copy the 2 files simplexen.php and xenapi.php into that folder. I create a product using simplexen as the Module. I add the order to one of my clients. When I go into the client product admin for that product I'm not seeing a dropdown box for that is showing me all the vm's on the server. Where is this box supposed to be?

Thanks!