WHMCS VMware module needed

We literally just finished a custom module for esx5. Had no plans to sell it but may be rethinking that if there is a demand. If you are fluent with the esx API, PHP, an WHMCS then we may be interested in co-developing a better version with you.

We literally just finished a custom module for esx5. Had no plans to sell it but may be rethinking that if there is a demand. If you are fluent with the esx API, PHP, an WHMCS then we may be interested in co-developing a better version with you.

We would also be interested in a VMware module. We are considering either VMware or onAPP for a new cloud platform. PM us if you would like to discuss further.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
we have built a vmware module for whmcs already which is available for purchase here:

http://order.heapsoftware.com/order/index.php?task=product&product_id=3&category_id=1

We purchased this module recently and love the Client side features. Our Clients are capable of managing their VM's from their portal and even utilize the Console!

Configuration was time consuming but thorough. The "auto-provisioning" piece and Bandwidth monitoring is not working. The auto-provisioning is throwing errors and causes blank screen. The Bandwidth monitoring does not pull the MAC address so we have to manually enter them (a lot of work).

I would like to see more knowledgebase articles of common errors.

Overall I'll give it a +8 (1-10). We came back to WHMCS from HB whose VMware modules are pure junk.

Thanks HEAP!

I would be interested in the same. I am going to take a look at the one posted above. Currently it is against VMware's TOS to resell VMs using ESXi whether you paid for it or not.

I can say that we like the HEAP VMware product for the purpose of allowing our clients to manage their own VM's. HEAP's solution connects to the vCenter instead of the ESXi hosts. Our clients can start, stop, suspend their VM's from the Client Portal. They can also utilize the console to access their VM's. The client side works great.

The only part that we cannot get to work is the auto provisioning of new VM's and HEAP only offers linux in this build but plan to allow Windows (hopefully). Setup is pretty straight forward.

Hopefully we will have a resolution to our inability to auto-provision. Once this happens I will say 10 STARS!!

• 1 month later...

I wanted to give an update about the VMware Module from HEAP. We have been working with HEAP and their VMware product for a little bit now. Our clients absolutely love the ability to manage their own VM's. Since we have multiple clusters and data centers, we MUST be able to utilize vCenter. Most VMware modules are written for the ESX host and not the vCenter - thus disabling the ability for HA and failover.

HEAP accomplishes everything we need! With the hard work and long hours from HEAP we are able to deploy cloud servers in minutes. Our Team recently tested the provisioning of a full cPanel server with a 40GB OS drive and 500GB /home drive - they had it online in about 5 minutes. HEAP has reduced what would take about an hour to do manually down to a matter of minutes.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone looking for a vCenter solution to seriously consider the VMware module from HEAP!

• 7 months later...

It looks interesting . I am trying to install trial version . now a client can reboot,poweroff,poweron,etc his vm but when tries to VM Console an error appears "Could not set console user to vm, please contact us." . In source of that page it shows a html comment "Could not get VMware Role ID" .

Anybody could help ?

Thanks for help .

Yes i have created user but i guess the problem is there . can you guide me please .

What i did .

I have used administrator@vsphere.local with vCenter IP address to add new server with the type "Aisovmwarededsrv" in whmcs configuration . This part works fine because i can see in the logs of vCenter and also i can power off/on existing VMs.

Then in vCenter > Administration > User and Groups added user1 and user2 and in aiso-vmware-settings.php

$maryVMwareConsoleTempUsers = Array("user1@vsphere.local"=>"123456","user2@vsphere.local"=>"123456");

$mstrVMwareConsoleTempUserToCopyRoleFrom = "user1@vsphere.local";

Then in vCenter > Administration > Roles added a role named WHMCSROLE with permission Virtual Machine->Interaction->Console interaction

After that the try and false begins with no success . I did a lots of work but prefer not to say . Any help appreciated . Thanks

What is the error when attempting to connect to the console? Your ESX host must be accessible from a public URL.

Also, have you tested the Console User login creds to confirm you can access the vCenter? Keep in mind that the Module uses the first available Console User; we create a 2 Console Users for every VM that is in vCenter.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Yes.

$maryVMwareConsoleTempUsers = Array("user1@vsphere.local"=>"123456","user2@vsphe re.local"=>"123456");

both users user1@vsphere.local and user2@vsphere.local created in vcenter .

Then created an unused vm . for that vm Manage -> Permissions -> ADD -> Domain : VSPHERE.LOCAL -> user1@vsphere.local -> Assigned Role = WHMCSROLE

But the script still could not find the RoleId . Can you explain how did you this steps ?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes.

$maryVMwareConsoleTempUsers = Array("user1@vsphere.local"=>"123456","user2@vsphe re.local"=>"123456");

both users user1@vsphere.local and user2@vsphere.local created in vcenter .

Then created an unused vm . for that vm Manage -> Permissions -> ADD -> Domain : VSPHERE.LOCAL -> user1@vsphere.local -> Assigned Role = WHMCSROLE

But the script still could not find the RoleId . Can you explain how did you this steps ?

Did you mange to get this working? I am having the same problem!

Yes it solved . Silly mistake .

You should write the username vsphere.local\user1 instead of user1@vsphere.local

- - - Updated - - -

But now another problem appeared . When the script tries to create a VM following fatal error appears .

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [serverFaultCode] The object has already been deleted or has not been completely created in /var/www/mysite.com/public/modules/servers/aisovmwarededsrv/aisovmwarededsrv.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/mysite.com/public/modules/servers/aisovmwarededsrv/aisovmwarededsrv.php(0): SoapClient->__call('FindChild', Array)
#1 /var/www/mysite.com/public/modules/servers/aisovmwarededsrv/aisovmwarededsrv.php(0): VMwareAPI->AutoProvisionVM()
#2 /var/www/mysite.com/public/includes/modulefunctions.php(0): aisovmwarededsrv_CreateAccount(Array)
#3 /var/www/mysite.com/public/admin/clientshosting.php(0): ServerCreateAccount()
#4 {main}
 thrown in /var/www/mysite.com/public/modules/servers/aisovmwarededsrv/aisovmwarededsrv.php on line 0

• 7 months later...