planetdomain Registrar and .au tld for Australia

charskey

Hi Guys.

Just playing around with WHMCS and so far so good.

Just 1 thing. I.m in Australia and we have certain rules regarding .au registrations. I have found the planetdomain registrar setting in admin and set accordingly. In the domain order client section of my website the fields for entering their info is a bit confusing.

I have looked through the order templates and haven't been able to see the tables there. So I suspect its part of planetdomain.php which has been cubed.

Is it possible to re-arrange the fields for .au registration to make it a bit clearer for clients and add other descriptive content?

Cheers

Alex

:wink:

Hi Brianoz

The fields registrant ID is before registrant type.

The client might not know what the registrant id is before he enters the registrant type like ABN. Then he/she realises that the abn number needs to be filled in the above registrant ID. A bit of a break in data entry flow for the client.

yeah im a bit confused by it aswell.

Registrant Name - Customer Name (first / last)

Registrant ID (ABN number / ACN)

Registrant ID Type (type, i think the above and this should be swapped)

Eligibility Name (Business Name / Entity Name)

Eligibility ID (ABN ACN ETC - isnt this duplicate information)

Eligibility ID Type: (what the above number represents ABN etc)

Eligibility Type: (business structure , partnership etc)

Seems a tad confusing what some of the fields rep.

http://planetdomain.com.au/newdnr/register/wizard3.jsp

Seems alot more straight forward

thoughts?

• WHMCS CEO

You have to remember WHMCS doesn't just work with PlanetDomain, it works with DistributeIT aswell, and DistributeIT requires all these fields. Fields are defined on a per TLD basis and not per registrar.

Matt

i contacted Matt, who provided me with an unencrypted version of a file.

I was able to comment out the Fields not specific to Planet Domain, and all looks great!

I did i test registration and it worked fine. The only problem with this is, with every update that affects this file we will need to request the unencrypted version and make the changes.

It would be handy if Matt could make a permanent fix, and only show one or the other (depending on which registrar you select)

• 1 month later...
  • WHMCS CEO
Contact Matt for the unencrypted file , thats the only way to change the fields shown

The file you would need to edit is "includes/additionaldomainfields.php" - it's unencoded in everyone's WHMCS install so you can just edit them in there. Just be careful not to change anything other than removing fields you don't want.

Matt

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi can you please advice which fields that Planetdomain require for .au domains?

bump!

Anyone figure out which fields are needed yet? I am also getting a lot of confused clients with the current page.

Cheers

R

• 1 year later...