Dedicated IPs & Another Google Checkout Question

%83^!!%5

Question

First dedicated IPs.

I am going to be starting up a business and won't have the extra capital to order large blocks of IPs for reserve. most likely I will order in blocks of 8 at a time.

I don't have any reason to believe I will have orders coming in like crazy, and I can get IPs in a matter of an hour or two.

My question/concern is... If I sell a web hosting package with a dedicated IP through WHMCS, the customer orders the package and pays, and the server happens to be out of dedicated IPs, what happens?

Does the client's order get placed as pending until I order more IPs then it is automatically created?

Does the client's order get placed as pending until I order more IPs then I login and approve the account?

Does the client's order get rejected/cancelled?

Does the client's order get provisioned, but with a shared IP instead of dedicated IP?

My plan is to start with a full block of 8 IPs that are available and when I only have 1 or 2 left, i'll order another block of 8. This should work for 99% of the cases. However, I just want to know 100% what will happen if, for example, 9 people suddenly come and order dedicated IPs.

Now, another google checkout question. I read on a forum (not sure how to verify this) that Google Checkout explicitly forbids you from using other payment gateways so I couldn't offer, for example, 2Checkout *and* Google Checkout - just Google Checkout.

Is this true? It doesn't sound like it would be true, but I want to verify. Is it legal to use, for example, Paypal, Google Checkout, and 2Checkout?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

WHMCS doesnt allocate the IP tahts still done manually by you, so there is no problem taking more orders for IPs than you have available - you just nee dto get mre before you can assign the IPS to the client.

If you are a Google processing merchant then yes, you are not supposed to also have another processor for the cards you are allowing through google - and why would you want to ?

You can still have google and paypal and a-n-other processor for say Amex.

I see.

I was under the impression that WHMCS automatically creates accounts inside cPanel with the appropriate package that was ordered once payment is made.

I assumed that meant that if the package had a dedicated IP for it, it would be created with a dedicated IP.

Are you telling me that I am wrong? If so, how are accounts created?

I wanted to offer 2Checkout for those who didn't want to create a google or paypal account. I might just do 2Checkout and paypal then.

Ok.

So I can assume the following then:

1) If it is a shared IP, I don't have to do anything and the account will be provisioned with the standard shared IP set within WHM

and

2) If a client orders a package with a dedicated IP, I will be notified so that I can set the account up with the correct IP?

Does WHMCS send welcome emails with access information?

I'm trying to understand fully what happens on the admin and customer side of things when both a shared and dedicated IP is involved.

I'm trying to avoid a situation like:

Customer orders Package B which includes a Dedicated IP. Customer pays for it. WHMCS creates account automatically. WHMCS sends customer login details. Customer is attentive and accesses the email before Admin gets to the account. Customer wonders where their dedicated IP is and believes they got ripped off.

The only way I can see this not being a problem is if WHMCS does not send welcome email and instead notifies the admin that one needs to be sent.

Please share your answer.

View order > by the Accept Order button you can tick create account and untick send welcome e-mail.

Then configure the IPs on the server, put them into WHMCS, and send the welcome e-mail.

I presume you've got the emails setup to show the dedicated IP, otherwise it'll just list the server's IP I think....have a fiddle, not sure on that one.