viewcart.tpl ignores me

maxhost

Hello everyone!

I wanted to change an order of registration fields shown upon placing an order, it seems logical to me to select country and city before address. Found out it is configured in viewcart.tpl. I am using a comparison form, so it should be a templates/orderforms/comparison/viewcart.tpl. I have changed

<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareaaddress1}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.address1}{else}<input type="text" name="address1" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.address1}" />{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareaaddress2}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.address2}{else}<input type="text" name="address2" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.address2}" />{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareacity}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.city}{else}<input type="text" name="city" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.city}" />{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareastate}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.state}{else}<input type="text" name="state" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.state}" />{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareacountry}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.country}{else}{$clientcountrydropdown}{/if}</td></tr>

to

<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareacountry}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.country}{else}{$clientcountrydropdown}{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareastate}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.state}{else}<input type="text" name="state" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.state}" />{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareacity}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.city}{else}<input type="text" name="city" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.city}" />{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareaaddress1}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.address1}{else}<input type="text" name="address1" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.address1}" />{/if}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.clientareaaddress2}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.address2}{else}<input type="text" name="address2" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.address2}" />{/if}</td></tr>

but cannot see any change on the website. What's wrong?

This form would also assume that someone is registering during checkout, you'd also need to update:

/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/clientregister.tpl

--

If you'd like to confirm that you're editing the correct file you could always add a HTML note and then check the source code in your browser to confirm:

<!-- note -->