Customisable Packages Addon Question

jdinardo

Question

I'm looking to purchase this addon to use to sell printing services.

Will it be easy to customize the addon to do this?

Basically I need it to calculate the price based on three different categories for each product:

Quantity (purchasing packages of 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000)

UV coating and paper quality

- price will depend on quantity

- choosing high grade paper for 50 brochures will add more to the price than purchasing high-grade paper for 25 brochures, but it won't add as much per brochure

- Adding a UV coating to 25 brochures might increase the price per brochure by $0.3 but adding UV coating to 5000 brochures might only increase the price per brochure by $0.01

Size (price will depend on quantity)

- Same idea as above

For a somewhat similar example please checkout: https://www.jukeboxprint.com/placeOrder/

and click on any of the products

Thank you for your feedback!

3 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi jdinardo,

The Configurable Package Addon is only for use with cPanel and DirectAdmin hosting control panels. If you are not using these then the addon won't be useful to you.

However what you're wanting here can be achieved using Configurable Options without the need for the addon. More information can be found at http://docs.whmcs.com/Addons_and_Configurable_Options

Edited by WHMCS John
I meant DirectAdmin not Plesk

As far as I can tell it cant actually....

How do I configure an option to add a price based on another field's value?

For example, if they select a quantity of 500 brochures, without the UV coating the price should be 200. But if they select "add UV coating", the price should increase by 80 dollars.

If they select 100 brochures the price should be 100, but if they add UV coating the price should only increase by 40 dollars instead of 80....