Automated WordPress Install...Almost there.

Hey guys, I am working on a script that will set up an installation of WordPress for my clients as soon as they register. After a full day of working on it, it is finally complete...for the most part. The script works perfect but I am trying to wrap my head around how to set it up to work with new domains. Right now, here is what the script does:

1. Customer orders hosting and the script is called by the AcceptOrder action hook

2. A database and user name is created and named after the customer's order id

3. A directory is created on the server and is named after the order id e.g. /public_html/35/

4. WordPress is download and extracted to the directory

5. The WordPress config file is updated with the correct database info

6. An email is sent welcoming the customer and asking them to go to http://www.theirdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php

7. The script is complete

At that time, the customer goes to the install page and enters their preferred username and password and then WordPress is installed for them.

Right now, when I create a test order and the script runs, I get a directory on my server that I can access by going to http://www.mydomain.com/37/wp-admin/install.php (37 being an example of the order id number. So if the order id number was 50 I would go to http://www.mydomain.com/50/wp-admin/install.php).

Ok, when a real customer registers and orders a domain name, how will that domain name be associated with the corresponding directory? What I mean by that is, if the customer has an order id of 50 than how will his domain be associated with directory "50"?

• 1 month later...
Ok, when a real customer registers and orders a domain name, how will that domain name be associated with the corresponding directory? What I mean by that is, if the customer has an order id of 50 than how will his domain be associated with directory "50"?

Hi - I am interested in this mod as I can see it would make life easier for WP set ups, especially if it were possible to add some basic themes too - but that may be too advanced...

I'm not really sure I follow your issue - surely when they register for an account, they add their domain too - and that's the domain the whmcs provisioning script will take to create the account on the server. When that happens and your script is fully working, the index.php file from WP will be all that is needed ?

Or am I missing something here?

Anyways, subscribed to this post!

Interesting, i like the idea but i have some questions.

I assume you must have a high demand for wordpress from your customers, if not i wonder is there that high of a demand that clients cant just use fantastico deluxe from cpanel and install wordpress.

I guess im not sure why the need to make it so automated unless you have a very high demand for it, as in 3 out of 5 customers wants wordpress, and they dont mind the automated dir name. For that yes this would be a nice idea.

Personally, I like to offer the budget customer a website building software and WordpPress seems the best.

It would be great to be able to automatically provision this with a choice of template, for those budget customers that want it. It beats RVSite Builder hands down!