force client to read ticket replies in whmcs?

senseless

the only information i have in a ticket reply is the reply to the ticket question and then a link to the ticket if the user wants to reply or add anything to the ticket.

by just sending a tickets reply email with only the link to the ticket to me is just pointless as if its just a quick reply it means the client does not need to open the ticket in his cl;ient area to see what your reply was.

the only information i have in a ticket reply is the reply to the ticket question and then a link to the ticket if the user wants to reply or add anything to the ticket.

by just sending a tickets reply email with only the link to the ticket to me is just pointless as if its just a quick reply it means the client does not need to open the ticket in his cl;ient area to see what your reply was.

Email is inherently insecure. By requiring users to login to view ticket replies, you're adding another layer of security for potentially sensitive information. This is certainly not pointless. Its just a matter of whether or not you deem the contents of your support tickets to be sensitive enough to warrant it.

I agree Frank; we do not allow a client to open a support ticket via email or reply via email. All of our tickets require the client to be logged in prior to submitting a support ticket. The only Departments that do not require logging in is our Abuse and Sales Department. We feel security of the information is too important to be sent via an email.

We have edited our support ticket email templates and have removed the ticket content from it. We've had a few clients that complained but when we explain that it is for their protection of possible exploitation they understand and conform to the policy.

We have edited our support ticket email templates and have removed the ticket content from it. We've had a few clients that complained but when we explain that it is for their protection of possible exploitation they understand and conform to the policy.

Equally, add the change in a newsletter / annoucement and to the Knowledgebase

I have to agree, for sensitive information then it can be useful

In terms of hosting this would be very rare for such transmission within email

Usernames and passwords are already transmitted within initial email, but thereafter there is no need and there is the facility for the customer to reset without any need for any email thereafter

Usernames and passwords are already transmitted within initial email, but thereafter there is no need and there is the facility for the customer to reset without any need for any email thereafter

That can be changed. I wrote a "secure password reset" module for WHMCS that basically does away with all passwords being sent via email in WHMCS. When you sign up for an account, instead of sending the cPanel login password via email, it gives you a link to reset the password to whatever you choose in the client area. It also never stores this password.

In addition, if you request a password reset for your WHMCS account, instead of it setting it to something random and emailing it to you, it simply redirects you to another system that requires you to verify your identity (security question) and enter a new password.

Unfortunately this module is property of my former employer, but it would be fairly easy to redo if the need arises.