I have noticed this being mentioned in a couple of posts by others, but I haven't seen it as an actual feature request.
I would be very happy if support for credit notes was included in a future version of WHMCS, since a lot of countries require a credit note to be generated to reverse an invoice (it can't just be cancelled). It would be a GREAT help to many people, I am sure.
I imagine the implementation would be fairly simple:
- - Create a new invoice type almost identical to a normal invoice.
- The title of the invoice is "Credit note #" instead of "Invoice #" (credit notes require their own number).
- The credit note has a reference to the invoice being reversed (as in "For invoice #XXX)
- The total of the credit note is a positive number, but it may be negative in the database, so that it is correcting the balance without much other code needing to be changed.
- The credit note does not necesseraly need a product list or a payment method. :wink:
I imagine a button on an invoice page (together with "mark as unpayed" etc.) saying "Create credit note". Clicking the button automatically cancels the invoice and generates a credit note.
I am willing to help with the development of this feature if such help is wanted.