Sync Cpanel password with whmcs

cslinux

Hi,

I've cPanel "change password" disabled currently, I'm asking if there's a way to sync the whmcs password when a client change his password from cpanel ?

That's because when client have the option to change it from cpanel.

the whmcs account's password remain the same which cause issues later.

Thanks in advance

I dont think there would be any way of WHMCS to be able to retrieve the "current" cPanel password, this cannot even be done via cPanel, the level on encryption and security that goes into place will not allow you to retrieve the current cPanel password unless you may be running a really old version of cPanel.

I dont think there would be any way of WHMCS to be able to retrieve the "current" cPanel password, this cannot even be done via cPanel, the level on encryption and security that goes into place will not allow you to retrieve the current cPanel password unless you may be running a really old version of cPanel.

It has nothing to do with cPanel. The passwords in cPanel are actually system passwords and are stored in /etc/shadow and is not reversible. Because of this, there is no way to retrieve or "sync" the passwords.

What would work is a custom WHMCS module that alerts a user to change their password every xx days. If they don't you it can reset their password to a random password and send them an email to login to WHMCS to update their cPanel password.

If you also remove the "Password Change" feature from your user's feature set in cPanel, you can pretty much force the users to change their password via WHMCS which will ensure the password stored in WHMCS for cPanel is always correct.

• 1 year later...