Support Ticket Expiration (Lock tickets after a set amount of time)

Having been inspired by this thread here on the WHMCS Forums:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=32072

I've created a module that does allows you to set tickets that haven't been responded to by the client after so many days to be permanently closed.

You can set the amount of idle days before the ticket cannot be updated and you can specify what message is displayed to the user when they try to reply to a ticket past the threshold.

When the client replies to a ticket that is beyond the set number of days the system will automatically respond to the ticket letting the client know that the thread is permanently closed and that if they need further assistance to please open a new ticket. The message sent to the customer is fully customizable.

I've set up a 15 day free trial of this module so that you can try it out and see if it will meet your needs and beyond that the module is $10 per month to lease or $150 one-time for an owned license.

View screen-shots and obtain your trial, lease, or owned license at http://www.mikedvb.com/software-packages/support-ticket-expiration-whmcs-module/

Plans for v1.01:

1. Configuration Options via Utilites->Addon Modules
  2. Ability to set custom ticket expiry message from within configuration module.
  3. Custom staff name on ticket expiry messages.
  4. Option to automatically open a new ticket for the client with the contents of the reply on the old ticket.
  5. Custom subject line for optional automatic newly created ticket.

I plan on having these features added in by Monday, September 13th.

I'm looking for more ideas/suggestions - if there's something that you'd like to see built into this feel free to ping this thread.

Edited by MikeDVB

A leased license that is nearly as expensive as whmcs leased license i personaally feel is too much so because of your pricing im afraid i wont be ordering.

Understandable - I'd venture to guess if you asked WHMCS to write a module like this for you it would cost more than an owned license... I suppose if you have the capabilities to write it yourself then you could get it for free (not counting your time spent).

At any rate, I appreciate any and all feedback (even if it's negative).

The module has been upgraded to version 1.0.1 which includes the following updates:

• Fully configurable from within WHMCS via Utilities->Addon Modules->Ticket Expiration Module
  • Custom staff name on ticket expiration messages.
  • Option to automatically open a new ticket for the client with the contents of the reply on the old ticket.
  • Custom subject line for tickets created automatically.

Pricing has been reduced as well! I am offering a 15 day free trial of this module so that you can try it out before buying. If you wish to continue using the module past the 15 day trial you will need to order a leased license for as low as $3.50 per month or an owned license for a one-time fee of $50.

Screen shots can be seen here and order orders can be placed here

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or any other type of feedback feel free to respond to this thread!

Mike

Is this module encrypted and does it change the viewticket.tpl page?

Yes it is, and no it does not. I can understand apprehension when it comes to buying encoded software for whmcs when developers are notorious for disappearing however I've been developing software for well over ten years and I'm not going anywhere. Should I ever decide to stop all customers with a valid license will get full source and there are precautions should I come to an untimely demise as well to make sure this still happens.

Another note is that while I'm currently the only developer, it's actually Serious Internet Solutions, LLC of Indiana that is selling the software. It is my company and if all goes well I plan on hiring another developer or two and really cranking out some software!

If you have any other questions let me know.

I have to agree, far too pricey. It's only a small module (small as in it only does one little thing). For me personally, this doesn't even solve a problem, but I may be wrong. I just can't see why you would want to permanently lock a ticket. Don't you think it would be better for Clients to add a response to a ticket at any time? It would save them having to open a completely new ticket. I honestly don't understand why anyone would want this.

I have to agree, far too pricey. It's only a small module (small as in it only does one little thing). For me personally, this doesn't even solve a problem, but I may be wrong. I just can't see why you would want to permanently lock a ticket. Don't you think it would be better for Clients to add a response to a ticket at any time? It would save them having to open a completely new ticket. I honestly don't understand why anyone would want this.

1. The latest version does open a new ticket for them automatically.

2. The pricing has been reduced.

3. It's to keep people from opening tickets that are 30+ days old for *new* issues. I've seen numerous tickets over the years where a client would consistently open the old ticket for new *unrelated* issues and end up with a ticket that was 75+ responses long.

If you don't see the use, then don't buy it :)

• 2 years later...