Easy eNom TLD Importer

scottcase

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of importing the TLDs from eNom but I would rather set the pricing in WHMCS

Is it possible to import the list of TLDs from eNom to WHMCS and then have WHMCS update eNom with pricing?

I would think it would be prudent to download the cost from eNom so that info is available when setting prices in WHMCS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

** UPDATE **

This does actually work. For those having issues getting it to import, here is how to get it working.

You need to add your "hosts" ip address to eNom through the resellers API interface.

# Add IP to Test Interface

- Login to eNom

- Goto Resellers > Manage > API

- Type test in "filter by title" box

- Click API Test Account

- Scroll down and add your host IP address

- Click "setup your account" & "reset account balance"

# Request Live Interface

- Please use the Submit a Ticket feature from this Support Center tool.

Enter the following information:

- Subject: "Add IP" or "Change IP."

- Question: Type the IP address(es) you wish to add or change.

- Category: API

Wait for eNom to process your request to add your IP to it's live API interface...

you should get a response back from them shortly.

After you have access to the live interface, goto your WHMCS > Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing (and delete ALL of your domain names). You alternatively could do this through your phpmyadmin or use another addon such as "Domain Orders Extended" by ModulesGarden.

Once all of your domains and pricing is empty... You're ready to use the importer as usual. You will notice it takes a little bit longer for the importer tool to process... if it doesn't take > 10 seconds to refresh then it didn't work.

You can also test by entering the following URL:

http://reseller.enom.com/interface.asp?command=PE_GetRetailPricing&TLDOnly=1&years=10&uid=YOURENOMLOGIN&pw=YOURENOMPASSWORD&responsetype=xml

you should see an XML document with any errors, such as:

<Err1>User not permitted from this IP address - 4</Err1>

<ResponseString>Policy error; unauthorized; user(s)</ResponseString>

That means that the IP address, user, or password was wrong and it will fail to import. Note: that string will NOT work unless your IP address is added to enom's live api interface. Keep in mind your computers IP will probably differ from your hosts, so you could add both if you would like.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Had a minor fix.

Here is the file.

I am logged into the forum, but when I try to download that file, a new tab opens, and I see:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I am logged into the forum, but when I try to download that file, a new tab opens, and I see:

perhaps because you didn't have 5 posts when you tried it :?:

I can download it (though I don't use eNom so it's no good to me!) - but as it's 5 years old, there probably isn't much point as I doubt it would work with v6.

as far as I know, the only way to import domain pricing from eNom into v6, is with a paid third-party addon - eNom Pro

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?78523-eNom-PRO-Addon

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, 3awh said:

Enom Pro is dead and theres another one that commercial that charges $5 a month to use it. $60 a year is outrageous

the annual price is £38GBP - so slightly less than $50 rather than $60... but I get your point. :640_pound:

however, if it's the only working option available, then you either have to buy it, get a developer in to create similar functionality (to whatever degree you need it), or continue to do this manually.

Yes $49.90

I bought Enom Pro for $90 or $100 forgot the price might have been $99 and a few months later the developer goes on vacation from his business. don't mind paying for a good product but enom Pro did a lot. Now it was released as open source and no one is working on it. I guess I will do the commercial one if no one updates this one