Dedicated Server Management

Here are a few screen shots.

This is the main page with 1 server installed on it:

server_list_main.jpg

This is the top half of the selected server with all of the details:

server_details_top.jpg

This is the bottom half of the selected server with the rest of the details:

server_details_bottom.jpg

If you need requests email them or add them here.

I am working on the sorted list by column, thats a work in progress!

• 3 weeks later...

I think there is a problem with the install. In install.php the SQL finishes with:

ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8") or die ("Error creating table.");

but I think it should finish:

ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET="utf8") or die ("Error creating table.");

edit: Hmm, it's still complaining about this line of code. I'll investigate further.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by Austdata
See edit note above

• 4 weeks later...
I'm missing something here - why do you need an "addon" for this - are those details not exactly what you want on the order and therefore just standard customfields/groups and options on the product, rather than text fields in an external bit of code ?

No you wouldn't want that on the Order Form!!! These are administrator details of the physical and or VPS Servers. This is for keeping records and track on your own servers, not to have clients order this. Clients don't need to know exactly everything about their machines, thats our job. They just want it to work and if they have issues make sure someone is there to fix it.

I have order form information that i manually put into this so that i keep track of the clients. I set our servers up manually so for my other techs to ask me for information is pointless, it hurts support time, hence the reason for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Am trying to do an install using the install.php and get the same error and nothing in the logs:

Not Found

The requested URL /modules/admin/dedicated_server_management/&page=install was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about integrating it with the configservers.php so that it can automatically pulls the server name, IP, control panel, DNS info that has to already be added there for using a server with WHMCS? Or maybe at least adding another pulldown menu for selecting the server like you have for the client pulldown to save redundant manual entry?

I installed it and it looks nice, I just haven't had the energy to manually add hundreds of servers in, a good integrated inventory system like this is definitely needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've run into a problem w/ this. Our central SSH server uses a lot of non standard characters in the passwords. If you try to use any of these characters in this add on you get an error and 404 (mysql rejects them).

Is there another field type to use in mysql which will accept non standard chars or a way to bracket the passwords so they won't be rejected?

... Holy crap, I'm so downloading this when it's updated. For now, I'll just grab the current version. :D

Edit: I just installed this. Worked beautifully.

However, I see that there's a missing field: Datacenter.

I work with two datacenter providers for my servers. It'd be nice to also be able to add that detail to each server as needed when adding new servers.

Second edit: You also may want to add IPMI as a field, as well, as I use Supermicro servers.

Edited by Keiro

... Holy crap, I'm so downloading this when it's updated. For now, I'll just grab the current version. :D

Edit: I just installed this. Worked beautifully.

However, I see that there's a missing field: Datacenter.

I work with two datacenter providers for my servers. It'd be nice to also be able to add that detail to each server as needed when adding new servers.

Second edit: You also may want to add IPMI as a field, as well, as I use Supermicro servers.

You can use the location field in place of it until / if datacenter is added.

I really need a solution for the non standard chars in passwords thing, I tried switching the type to "text" which did not work. I really don't want to have to go through and change all my root passwords in order to be able to use this app, the entire point of this was so we could store server logins in whmcs and control which admins have access to them.

You can use the location field in place of it until / if datacenter is added.

I really need a solution for the non standard chars in passwords thing, I tried switching the type to "text" which did not work. I really don't want to have to go through and change all my root passwords in order to be able to use this app, the entire point of this was so we could store server logins in whmcs and control which admins have access to them.

I actually had thought about that.

I also thought, "Wait... why don't we change a few of those fields to a drop-down type box thing with a text field?"

Example: DRAC. Not all of us use DRAC. Why not change that particular item to a dropdown box, and list the options as: DRAC, IPMI, $OTHERITEMHERE and use the text field as a method to fill in details about said item.

I'll be looking into this, myself, but it should be relatively trivial to do, I hope.

Serverprodigy: What was the specific mod_sec rule so we can also know if we encounter those issues?

I'd rather not post the exact rule ID. If you get a 404 error after saving a new or updated record and you're using mod_security you can easily check your log file and see if that's the root cause. If you're saving fields with non standard characters like /<>)(*&^^% (non alpha or numeric is a better term to use) then it's probably going to trigger. 404 errors do not normally come up in WHMCS otherwise.

We get hit with various injection type attacks on a few client machines every few minutes so mod_security is a must have for us.

There is also a method to add your IP so mod_security will ignore your inputs but the only example I found has bad syntax and I can't find the correct, updated method.

It's easy enough to change the fields in mysql but you would also have to edit the script itself for the field name change to actually show up in whmcs. It's a very minor edit for even a non-coder to perform, especially if you have phpmyadmin and a decent php editor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...