Configurable Options modification

I have several products that have several variables that I'd like to have set. The product sells per slot and has numberable options that are setup with configurable options that I'd like to have get priced per slot based on what the customer chooses for the original slots without having to type it in multiple times. I'll show below what I mean.

Number of Slots to order -- 20

Configurable Option 1 -- Option Choices like 66Tick or 100Tick

Configurable Option 2 -- Option Choices like 250FPS or 500FPS

What I'd like to do with the above is give them the ability to choose the configurable option and have it price it per slot based on the "Number of Slots to order"

All these services are setup where the customer inputs a number of slots to get the price versus a drop down since there are literally 100 hundred games and all have slots that range from 8 to 128. To set these up with tables inputting a value for each game for each slot for each length of time would equal thousands upon thousands of entries. Having them input the number means I only need to set the price per slot for each length of time and that is it. Infinitely reduces the amount of work to configure each service.

I know how to setup everything other than for the Configurable Options to base their price on the number of slots chosen for the game slots.

Edited by lpgservers

Yes, I have that setup that way. The issue comes in that the additional configurable options that I show to the customers are based on the per slot the originally select. Instead of having them select or enter 20 for each of those lines (some may inadvertently want a higher fps/tick rate and not put the slot count in correctly and it's just plain confusing) I'd like a way for them to select the upgrade and have it calculate the price based on the slot count they chose with the pricing that I put for it in the quantity configurable option for that particular option.

Basically, have one input area for the customer and then have multiple options read that input and calculate the pricing.

Customer wants 30 game slots so he enters 30 for that field.

He/She then wants a 100 tick rate (higher performance) and checks that box or selects yes, this then calculates the price based on the original 30 that was input for the slots based on the pricing I set per slot for this option.

He/She then wants 500fpgs (higher performance) and checks that box or selects yes, this then calculates the price based on the original 30 that was input for the slots based on the pricing I set per slot for this option.

Right now I'm doing this and it isn't effective as there are far too many packages and there are a few dozen more games that would require a vast amount of time to setup this way and it really clutters things compared to what, in my opinion, would be the easiest and more manageable route for both the customer and us. I create a package for each game with each of those options above.

So for 1 game I have 6 different packages (could be 12 but I haven't found the time to keep investing down that road when I know there has to be a more simplistic method to what I want to achieve.

First package is public server with stock options

Second package is public server with upgraded tickrate and a slight fps boost

Third package is public server with upgraded tickrate and another fps boost.

Fourth package is a private server with stock options

Fifth package is a private server with upgraded tickrate and a slight fps boost

Sixth package is a private server with upgraded tickrate and another fps boost.

All the variables between those are all priced per slot. My theory is if they are all based on the same amount selected by the customer then there should be a more simplistic method for the configurable options to price per slot based on that single input.

I hope this makes more sense.

• 4 months later...
Is there anyway to add additional configurable options that pull the quantity from the first selection instead of having a customer input the same quantity multiple times?

I am also in need of something similar. Ideally the quantity multiplier would also multiply chosen configurable options.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by dafky2000

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

allow to set the quantity of configurable options can be used as feature to manage the Addons Domain for a package, Admin have to be allowed to set a limit of number of options that customer can buy,

so if we have a package that allow 5 domains, customer can buy up to 5 domains and add/manage them with his unique cpanel account

Admin create the addon manually into cpanel, but the domain provisioning and billing will be automatized by Whmcs

Regards