switching data from 1 whmcs to another

Hello,

I have a host that I am currently with that has pretty bad uptime. So I have found a new host and I need to just switch over the WHMCS data completely.

I understand the license will need to be re-issued but I was wondering if someone could tell me how I could transfer EVERYTHING in my current WHMCS Admin area to the new one. It would be a tragedy to have to do all that work over again.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

If both have Cpanel, create a full backup and ask the new provider to restore it. We do this all the time and it's really simple. If one or both aren't using a similar control panel, you can simply backup the database separately, and make a copy of all the files. Move them to the newly created account, put the files in the same locations, restore the database and off you go.

Probably need to reset the WHMCS license for the new IP.

Thank you all,

What I did was just download the whmcs folder off of the old server. Create a backup of the mysql database. Then I went and uploaded it to the new server, restored the sql database, re-issued my license and badabing badaboom.

Everything is going fine now except my e-mail piping. I will work that out.

I do have a question though.

I have 2 servers now and I am worried about the hosting account welcome e-mail. How does whmcs know (an I have both servers added to WHMCS) which IP's and nameservers to give for each server?

Can someone explain to me how they got around this or made this so it works without flaw?

Hi John,

I understand that. But I have a server and packages located both in the US and the UK. Would I have to create a new e-mail template for the second server?

I don't see how someone could order a package in the UK with ns3. and ns4. with a different server IP and get a welcome e-mail after paying the invoice that gives them the correct information.

I couldn't find an e-mail code while editing templates that will insert information (nameservers, and IP to access account until propogation) for the 2nd server. I am trying to explain this the best I can. I hope you understand what I am trying to say as it's hard for me to get the words across.

• WHMCS Support Manager

You only need one welcome email per product type. The following code in your email template will automatically fill in the nameservers of the server on which the hosting account is provisioned (it's in there as standard):

Nameserver 1: {$service_ns1} ({$service_ns1_ip})

Nameserver 2: {$service_ns2} ({$service_ns2_ip}){if $service_ns3}

Nameserver 3: {$service_ns3} ({$service_ns3_ip}){/if}{if $service_ns4}

Nameserver 4: {$service_ns4} ({$service_ns4_ip}){/if}

but if I don't have automatic setup enabled how will whmcs know which server I want that particular account to go on. And if I have the 1 welcome e-mail won't it just give the information for the default server.

Would creating server groups help this issue