Help with Configuration.php

ahills

Hi - I am new to all of this and am on a limited budget - so trying to install and setup whmcs myself and learn as I go.

I am testing it and when I try to buy a package, it doesn't go to a page - so I sent a ticket in to my host and this is their reply:

----------------------------

Can you please submit a ticket with WHMCS @ http://www.whmcs.com/support.php since http://www.yoursite is throwing off an error. I enabled debugging mode ( $display_errors="on"; in configuration.php ) (which they usually ask you to do). Please refer them to that link. If they have anything for you to check serverside reply to my email and the ticket will be re-opened.

I also see this file In your public_html ZendOptimizer-3.3.9-linux-glibc23-i386.tar.gz . You do not need to even install this so it sounds like something else is wrong with your account.

-----------------------------

so - I tried deleting zendoptimizer and sent a ticket to whmcs and this is their reply:

----------------------------

The problem here is that your configuration.php contains whitespace output which is stopping the redirect from working. This may have been causing by the edit the HostGator tech did but to resolve that remove any spaces or line breaks before or after the PHP tags <?php ?> in the configuration.php file and then retry it.

---------------------------

I have NO idea what he means - I opened the file - but was afraid to mess up anything. Can anyone explain exactly what he means? And/Or - can someone help me see if I have my whmcs setup correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help!:D

By whitespace or line breaks, they mean that the editor used to make those changes has introduced unwanted elements into the file. PHP files can be sensitive to things that aren't usually visible just by looking at it. An editor like Notepad (comes with Windows) is often recommended, but I find it breaks things more often than not.

To fix this (or at least rule it out as the cause), grab a good editor such as NoteTabPro or UltrEdit, or if you want free you could go for Notepad++. Grab a fresh copy of the config file, use one of these editors to make the edits, save, and upload as ASCII to the right place.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Incorrect: Whitespaces and linebreaks (you may need to select the text to see the spaces):

<?php
$license="Leased-gbfdgtg";
$db_host = "localhost";
$db_username = "fewa_fewa";
$db_password = "fewa_fewa";
$db_name = "grt1g4554y565yu";
$cc_encryption_hash = "g41re5g145trhgj78ytfy4456758u747uj4h58"; 

$templates_compiledir = "templates_c/";    
?>   

Correct: No whitespaces

<?php
$license="Leased-gbfdgtg";
$db_host = "localhost";
$db_username = "fewa_fewa";
$db_password = "fewa_fewa";
$db_name = "grt1g4554y565yu";
$cc_encryption_hash = "g41re5g145trhgj78ytfy4456758u747uj4h58"; 
$templates_compiledir = "templates_c/";
?>

• 10 years later...
On 3/26/2010 at 1:41 PM, bear said:

I have a problem in the installation of whmcs, he asks me his'' System Requirements Check Failed

Your system does not meet the requirements necessary to run this version of WHMCS.
You must resolve the issues below before you can continue with installation''
Read/Write Permissions File/Directory Path  
Configuration File /configuration.php

how i will solve this problem!!!