Is there an issue with WHMCS and PHP 5.3

meechp123

Your host is jumping the gun here then. There are a ton of changes in 5.2 and 5.3 that will not let scripts written for 5.1 or older to work anymore.

5.3 was just released end of Nov !! And they are still supporting 5.2 so your hosting place is going to screw a lot of people up.

Just the changes from 5.1 to 5.2 were dramatic and now they manually installed 5.3 ? No distro even has this version yet, they are still working off of 5.2 still.

My site is mainly a Coldfusion site anyway. I use PHP for LiveZilla and now WHMCS. Looks like my issue was with 5.3. Funny thing is that I paid WHMCS for the installation service and they never even thought to ask me that. I've been doing a lot of back and fourth between WHMCS and my host.

Oh well. At least we know now.

• 3 weeks later...

Zend encoded? You have got to be kidding XPanel? Zend Guard ($600 per year!) is an over-priced pile of garbage that is easier to decode than Ioncube (although both are possible). Ioncube works fine in a properly configured server. I would suggest that you contact Ioncube directly for help.

Zend encoded? You have got to be kidding XPanel? Zend Guard ($600 per year!) is an over-priced pile of garbage that is easier to decode than Ioncube (although both are possible). Ioncube works fine in a properly configured server. I would suggest that you contact Ioncube directly for help.

I think is not a problem with ioncube, I use a version of ioncube released 3 days ago.

My log file show error that some functions from functions.php file are deprecated in php 5.3

like ereg() (use preg_match() instead)

http://php.net/manual/en/migration53.deprecated.php