PDF invoice problem

filip

Question

Hello,

WHMCS looks like what we need, but I found following problems:

1) We use czech language and doens´t support our charakters (see attachement)

2) According to our laws we must have VAT and other info of customer mentioned on invoice - how can we solved it?

3) Can we change format of number? We use 1 234,50. This is only small problem...

Thanks

P.S.

I can´t upload generated invoice due to size limit. Instead of right charakters invoice contains "?" in product names, currency, our address and so on.

9 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

1. You need TCPDF UTF-8 fonts, if you open a ticket and we can send a download link.

2. Printable invoice can be modified by editing /templates/*your active tempate*/viewinvoice.tpl.

PDF invoice is invoicepdf.tpl in the same dir.

3. Setup > Currencies > Edit

hi i have downloaded the latest tcpdf , i have replace its fonts with the fonts in the includes directory but results were the same.

i have tried setting the format of the files to utf8 but the result didnt change.

the format in tcpdf is UTF-8 , and also i have set the inner format to UTF-8

my database , tables and data in them are now utf8_general_ci

i can read utf8 characters corrrectly in pages and phpmyadmin. so every thing is now utf8

but i dont know why when i generate a pdf file from invoices they are becoming squares.!

i have tried so many options , even when the db was latin , and the data in it was unreadable from phpmyadmin , but the arabic characters in pdf always become squares or ? .

look at the attached picture from one of the generated invoice pdfs.

pdf.jpg

i have searched the net but i didnt find any specfic utf8 font for tcpdf ,

every where they just said it supports utf8 , and the options inside it are set to utf8 , what should i do ? do you have a download link for the font files that u say they are built in utf8 format?will it really solve my problem ?

• WHMCS CEO

If you're experiencing character display problems it would be a charset related issue. You need to make sure if you edit either the language file or template file itself that you save the files in UTF-8 charset, and if using a special character set, you may need an alternative set of font files available here: http://docs.whmcs.com/PDF_Invoice#Accented_Characters

Matt