Worried about the risks of storing credit cards and PCI Compliance?
Introducing the new Quantum Gateway Vault module for WHMCS.
PCI Compliance applies to all companies who are using a merchant account to accept credit card payments via their website. The basic PCI compliance rules consist of 12 guidelines which must be followed & adhered to, but full PCI compliance is much more complex.
However this new Vault Solution from Quantum Gateway enables you to accept credit cards while completely avoiding the hassles of PCI compliance.
How does it work?
1. The customer leaves your site to perform 3D Secure authentication (exactly the same as they already do now) but the difference is they enter their card details once they've left your site aswell so that the card details never pass through your site
2. The customer can still edit their card held on file at any time from the client area
3. WHMCS can still request the card is rebilled whenever needed meaning fully automated recurring billing can continue as before and manual captures at any time are also still possible - it's just like you have the card details stored locally
Why does it avoid PCI compliance?
1. No cardholder data ever touches or passes through your Network, Server or WHMCS System
2. No cardholder data is ever retained or stored on your Network, Server or WHMCS system
The new module which is available for WHMCS as of today from the client area can be installed simply by uploading it to the modules/gateways folder. And the download also includes a setup script for existing Quantum users in order to change existing clients onto the new Quantum module and transfer all card details over to the vault automatically.
This is the first module of it's kind for WHMCS, but we've been working hard behind the scenes over the past 6 months to put in the necessary functionality to make these new remote storage gateway facilities workable with WHMCS.
While Quantum Gateway is one of the only gateway providers to have come up with a completely off site solution to recurring credit card billing so far, more and more gateways are starting to offer methods for remote storage of card details which does still reduce the PCI compliance requirements for online retailers considerably. We will therefore be releasing modules for Authorize.net, BluePay, PayPal Pro & SagePay in due course to take advantage of these external storage solutions.
In coupling with this, we have teamed up with McAfee to be able to offer our clients a reduced price solution for obtaining McAfee Secure's PCI Compliance scanning for their Network, Server and WHMCS software. If you haven't already checked it out, visit www.whmcs.com/mcafee.php to find out more...