How to hide quicknav from order page

Juanzo

I was wondering how to hide the quick navigation column from the order pages to avoid people from obtaining focus on other items other than the order wizard so, with some help from Matt and other threads at the forum, I'll explain how. This works with portal theme and Web20cart.

1. To hide the quicknav column from the order page, we need to edit the footer.tpl located at /whmcs_folder/templates/portal/ and before
    <div id="side_menu">

we should add

{if $pagetitle != 'Shopping Cart'}

(or whatever you shopping cart title is) and add {/if} right before <div class="clear">.

2. Side the container left doesn't have a %, the shopping cart now will be smaller than the rest of the menu so we need to make it bigger. First, modify the style.css inside the portal folder and add
    #content_left_order{background-color:#FFF;float:left;margin:0;padding:15px;text-align:left;width:920px;}

3. Next, inside header.tpl you should replace
    <div id="content_left_order">

with

<div id="{if $pagetitle != 'Shopping Cart'}content_left{else}content_left_order{/if}">

And that's it. If you have a dencent number of visits to the order page, I'm pretty sure this will help grow the number of conversions.

Thanks.

I tried what you suggested - copy and paste- changing the name of the second page to be correct and both pages load OK but both with Quick Nav showing.

{if $pagetitle == 'Shopping Cart' || $pagetitle == '[color=red]Custom Page Title[/color]'}{else}NAVIGATION CODE{/if}

pm me your footer.tpl

I see you are making progress but you want the nav to show on all pages except the shopping cart and ur custom page right?

Move the nav code after the {else}

>>> GOOD! I see you have it working! <<<

Edited by BAJI26

I missed the "else navigation code" portion of the above and almost have it...

where is the code the determines the "name" of the custom page? is it in the tpl or the php file.

The custom pages that I created show the name as the breadcrumb but not the page title,

I have about 30 custom pages that I need to remove the quicknav on .. and right now the page title is showing up as "Client Area" instead of the correct title. For example Handle Any Objection for http://www.mysmallbizusupport.com/hao.php

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a similar ( or the same) problem too. On the cart pages, the quick nav content is gone, and the container has shifted below the cart section showing the light blue box at the bottom right. On the regular pages, the QuickNav is appearing ok though. How do I hide that box?

Also

My install only has a div id "content_left"

Not a div id "content_left_order" as in your earlier post.

I"ve added the content left order line to the CSS but am wondering if you meant to add a new div to the header.tpl or just replace the existing content_left div.

I have just upgraded to 4.2 ( not sure about 4.1x) and I have the same as above. You do need to remove it, I tried it both ways and keeping it messes up the layout a bit. But this might be part of the problem I'm having above....

Thanks in advance for your help.

And thanks Juanzo! for taking the time to post this!

Hide it or remove it ?

The nav bar is in header.tpl

<table class="topnavbar"><tr class="topnavbar"><td><a href="index.php">{$LANG.globalsystemname}</a></td><td><a href="clientarea.php">{$LANG.clientareatitle}</a></td><td><a href="announcements.php">{$LANG.announcementstitle}</a></td><td><a href="knowledgebase.php">{$LANG.knowledgebasetitle}</a></td><td><a href="supporttickets.php">{$LANG.supportticketspagetitle}</a></td><td><a href="downloads.php">{$LANG.downloadstitle}</a></td>{if $loggedin}<td><a href="logout.php">{$LANG.logouttitle}</a></td>{/if}</tr></table>

Hide it or remove it ?

The nav bar is in header.tpl

<table class="topnavbar"><tr class="topnavbar"><td><a href="index.php">{$LANG.globalsystemname}</a></td><td><a href="clientarea.php">{$LANG.clientareatitle}</a></td><td><a href="announcements.php">{$LANG.announcementstitle}</a></td><td><a href="knowledgebase.php">{$LANG.knowledgebasetitle}</a></td><td><a href="supporttickets.php">{$LANG.supportticketspagetitle}</a></td><td><a href="downloads.php">{$LANG.downloadstitle}</a></td>{if $loggedin}<td><a href="logout.php">{$LANG.logouttitle}</a></td>{/if}</tr></table>

I dont' want to delete it.... I just don't want it showing on the cart.php pages.... Less options on the order page the better.

I'm using whmcs for all my non hosting products.

You need to use the {if} tags,

for example {if $pagetitle eq "Shopping Cart"}{else}TOP NAV CODE HERE{/if}

That will not show the top nav on the shopping cart but will on every other page. Its very late so mabie i am missing the rest of the question but hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

The easiest way to hide the side bar nav from the order pages (not other pages) is to simply add this code to your CSS sheet for your orderforms (located at <domain>/WHMCS/templates/orderforms/default/style.css - or change the 'default' to whatever you've chosen in admin for the order form styling)..

#side_menu {

display: none;

}

#content_left {

float: none;

margin: 0;

padding: 10px;

text-align: left;

width: 935px; /* adjust this width based in your style - this is NOT for the base style but may work */

}

You may need to make other adjustments (to table widths, etc.. based on the design you are using..

That's it.. the right sidebar menu will not show on order form pages..

;)

Edited by revive
;)

The easiest way to hide the side bar nav from the order pages (not other pages) is to simply add this code to your CSS sheet for your orderforms (located at <domain>/WHMCS/templates/orderforms/default/style.css - or change the 'default' to whatever you've chosen in admin for the order form styling)..

#side_menu {

display: none;

}

#content_left {

float: none;

margin: 0;

padding: 10px;

text-align: left;

width: 935px; /* adjust this width based in your style - this is NOT for the base style but may work */

}

You may need to make other adjustments (to table widths, etc.. based on the design you are using..

That's it.. the right sidebar menu will not show on order form pages..

;)

Would the same approach work for hiding the "Browse Products and Services" menu when a direct link to a order a product is used with the default template?

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering how everyone displayed their name in the yard. We had a small coroplast sign with our web address when we were doing this as part of a bounce house business. Now that the two businesses are seperate, we were wondering if there was a better way. What do you guys and gals do?