V3 beta R2 to V3 stable

ozzie

Matt wrote in another thread

No, the V2.4 templates will not be compatable with V2.5. You will need to make any changes again. My personal recommendation is to buy WHMCS when the BETA is released, you can then install and run this while you do your customisations and we get everything stable, then there will be a BETA upgrade to the Stable version at the end of the BETA testing period which will hopefully not last for long anyway.

(I know I'm risking exposure to the wrath of MACscr :evil: )... but I've got the same question re V3 beta R2 Vs V3 stable.

Can I start my project now (template work and importing client records etc) with V3bR2 and roll in V3 stable over the top of that or should I wait until V3stable is released.

Cheers,

Ozzie

Matt wrote in another thread
No, the V2.4 templates will not be compatable with V2.5. You will need to make any changes again. My personal recommendation is to buy WHMCS when the BETA is released, you can then install and run this while you do your customisations and we get everything stable, then there will be a BETA upgrade to the Stable version at the end of the BETA testing period which will hopefully not last for long anyway.

(I know I'm risking exposure to the wrath of MACsrc :evil: )... but I've got the same question re V3 beta R2 Vs V3 stable.

Can I start my project now (template work and importing client records etc) with V3bR2 and roll in V3 stable over the top of that or should I wait until V3stable is released.

Cheers,

Ozzie

I see no reason why you cant start your template work as most likely you will only have little changes to make there between R2 and stable, but the annoying things i that you will have to do a diff on every single file to see the difference most likely.

IMHO, i wouldnt add any db data at all besides testing info and then when v3 becomes stable, start from scratch with a new db and all new php files. I myself am waiting on v3 before i start some new projects, etc, but im going to wait and just use beta.whmcs.com for some testing.