Package Variables..

bedot

Matt,

Just a thought, when creating the packages/pricing etc - are you able to output the package configurations via variables.

For example, I have 3 packages - I would like to output the configuration and price of each package onto my "hosting" template..

Then should I adjust the package configuration, pricing etc within the admin panel. It would automatically update the template..

Possible or not?

• WHMCS CEO

If you mean onto a page of your own then yes this would be possible. You'd need to query the database for the product/products you want to output. Configuration options are stored in the fields configoption1 to configoption14.

Matt

Cool, ill take a look - just seems if i can automate my custom pages it would simplify updates.

Every part of my site that has to do with package names, prices, attributes, are completely dynamic and reflect the whmcs db. Same with even a lot of the images too. I just wrote a few smarty plugins to do it.

And you would like to share? :) I know matts working on alot of features, but i think building some more CMS style features into WHMCS would be awesome. I would also love to see a dynamic menu builder..

I have no problem sharing some of them, but I really dont like the idea of adding cms features into the core. No problem with WHMCS.com having a third party modules/hacks/themes section though. But they should definitely not be distributed with WHMCS.

• WHMCS CEO
No problem with WHMCS.com having a third party modules/hacks/themes section though.

I was looking into the possibility of adding something like this - my intention was for user contributed reports but any kind of mods could be shared by it. I'll look around for scripts that would allow this - if you have any recommendations please let me know.