How can I customize "index.php"'s listing and page

johnh

hi,

How can I customize "index.php"'s listing and this page?

anyone know? which file should I edit?

thanks

if you just want to edit the index page of the client area, the template you would need to edit would be: hompage.tpl. This is located most likely in /WHMCSFOLDER/templates/default/

hi,

thanks

if you just want to edit the index page of the client area, the template you would need to edit would be: hompage.tpl. This is located most likely in /WHMCSFOLDER/templates/default/

Why do you like to go and reply after i've replied with the answer???? lmao just joken ;) we both need to be loved with posting ;) im trying to just catch up to your forum post count ;)

I personally chose to have the WHMCS installation in my root directory, and use WHMCS as a CMS. - However I did not want the support (index.php) as the default page, I did try changing index.php to support.php however the support breadcrums seem to be hardcoded with index.php so didnt work well.

I instead created a home.php and corresponding .tpl file and set the default directory page to home.php resolving the issue.

hi,

thanks

Why do you like to go and reply after i've replied with the answer???? lmao just joken ;) we both need to be loved with posting ;) im trying to just catch up to your forum post count ;)

I was a little more specific with my respones. =P

Good luck with catching up. :twisted:

I personally chose to have the WHMCS installation in my root directory, and use WHMCS as a CMS. - However I did not want the support (index.php) as the default page, I did try changing index.php to support.php however the support breadcrums seem to be hardcoded with index.php so didnt work well.

I instead created a home.php and corresponding .tpl file and set the default directory page to home.php resolving the issue.

I think thats a little above what the OP was trying to accomplish. =P

i just used a different subdomain for my site, but still use whmcs's smarty library, etc. Gotta love it.

I see..

how about heading part? like headtext such as Support, Client Area, Support Tickets with big text right under menu?

when I tried to edit it by header.tpl, but it was coding like $, so I could not... any way?

thanks

thanks

I see..

how about heading part? like headtext such as Support, Client Area, Support Tickets with big text right under menu?

when I tried to edit it by header.tpl, but it was coding like $, so I could not... any way?

thanks

thanks

huh? headier.tpl is the correct file. Your going to have to learn some html and some basic smarty if you want to really customize your templates.

yes you need to understand php/html/basic sql and maybe some javascript for functionality...

i dont think someone whos never coded before should, or could be able to pick this product up and customise it to the same level as we do ours..

don't worry, I know php and html other things as well and enough .. so no worry on programming.. also have modifed mb and kayako few times, so not difficult to modify .tpl files...

what I am talking is

<span class="heading">{$pagetitle}</span>

{$LANG.globalyouarehere}: {$breadcrumbnav}</p>

part..

Pagetitle and globalyouarehere parts.. is there anyway to edit this part.. so I can use customized pagetitle for each pages and globalyourhere? so like I edit "Support" part to be Home or MySupport and make sure it shows on globalyouarehere too...? or is it impossible right now since.. code is encrypted?

thanks

yup, create custom entries in your english.txt - then create custom breadcrums...

example:

contact.tpl

$pagetitle = $_LANG['contactareatitle'];

$pageicon = "images/support/contact.gif";

$breadcrumbnav=''.$_LANG['supportlink'].$_LANG['globalsystemname'].$_LANG['supportlinkclose'].$_LANG['custombreadcrum'].$_LANG['contactlink'].$_

english.txt

$_LANG['contactareatitle'] = "Pre-Sales Contact Us";

$_LANG['contactlink'] = "<a href='contact.php'>";

$_LANG['contactlinkclose'] = "</a>";