Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How to make Google Apps for Your Domain work with WHMCS in 5 steps

Quote Originally Posted by Gears View Post
    I just upgraded to 4.2 and I'm having issues:
    Email Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.

Trying to figure it out now.

Had to go into /includes/class.phpmailer.php and change line 199

from
    public $SMTPSecure = ' ';

to
    public $SMTPSecure = 'tls';

Smile

Great Guide, thanks.

I have set this up with some minor changes to the first post, and it works perfectly on WHMCS 4.2.1, using SSL.

Setup Google Apps, crons etc as per first post.

1. Ensure PHP is compiled with OpenSSl Support.
    2. Ensure firewall isnt blocking port 465
    3. Edit the /includes/class.phpmailer.php and change line 199

from
    public $SMTPSecure = ' ';

To

public $SMTPSecure = 'ssl ';

4. Go to Setup > General Settings > Mail

Mail Type - SMTP
    SMTP Port - 465
    SMTP Host - smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP Username: enter in that 'main' email address you made. (ie. [email protected], [email protected])
    SMTP Password: your_strong_password

If you get a mail loop error check your system email isnt in the support departments. Basically have a separate address.

Support Departments:
    Host: pop.gmail.com
    Port: 995
    Email: [email protected]
    Password: xxxxxx

From Google:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78799

awesome tut, I had set everything up all myself and some departments were not sending out email via their email.
    So I read this and forgot about step 5!!

Thanks!

Default Working fine with V4.4.2

Just got it working with V4.4.2

Easy to follow tutorial.

Thanks.

I need help. I followed the steps but the emails are not being created as tickets.

In the Ticket Mail Import log all my tests are there but with no "to" "from" and department not found

But when I got into my test client's profile I see all the test support emails i sent under Recent emails
    Last edited by sendas; 03-10-11 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubemedia View Post
    Just got it working with V4.4.2

Easy to follow tutorial.

Thanks.
    I tried following the steps outlined here on WHMCS 4.4.2, but still am not able to get the SMTP settings right. cubemedia, any tips?

I mostly would like to get outgoing messages working... not going to bother with setting up support emails just yet. (I've been testing with automatically resetting a user's password...)

Thanks. Good Post
    Web Hosting Hospedaje Web Radio Streaming Hosting Servidores Dedicados Registro de Dominios Desarrollo de Paginas web Desarrollo de Tiendas Virtuales Alta en Buscadores Optimizacion de Paginas web Posicionamiento de Paginas web en Buscadores - http://www.tuwebhost.com

Thanks for the info...I'm having a little trouble though...I get lost at step 4...can anyone please help!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gears View Post
    Hello,

I figured I would share with you how to setup Google Apps to work with WHMCS Support since I figured it out myself. With this way, you can use multiple support departments despite Gmail rewriting the from address. I suggest reading the entire thing over first, then follow each step.

Step 1 - Sign up for Google Apps

A. Visit http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/ and sign-up. For those of you in need of a free edition, use this link: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/b.../editions.html

B. Verify your domain by uploading the .html file or adding the cname record

C. Follow the instructions for configuring Google Apps and configuring your DNS. You will need to change and add MX records, add cname records, etc. You should be able to find help at Google if you need it. Note: this will make your old setup no longer work. I am listing this in Step 1 so it gives time to propagate.

Step 2 - Create Email Accounts

A. From within your new Google Apps dashboard, create your email addresses according to your departments (ie. [email protected], [email protected], etc). The passwords can all be the same if the password is strong enough. However, you may want to consider having them all be different.

B. Create another email account such as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc. Use a strong password.

C. Log in to each of the new email accounts to activate them. Enable POP and IMAP while you are logged in.

Step 3 - Support Departments in WHMCS

A. From within WHMCS, create or edit your support departments. Use the following information:

hostname: pop.gmail.com
    port: 995
    user: [email protected]
    pwd: yourpassw0rd

Be sure that you have Imap-SSL/Pop3-SSL enabled on your server. Check to see if your server/firewall permits the connection: telnet gmail-pop.l.google.com 995

B. Create the cron job: "*/5 * * * * php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pop.php" Note: you may want to alter the minutes so that the emails are imported faster than 5 minutes.

Step 4 - SMTP in WHMCS

A. Refer to http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=13845 (easiest thing to do here is download the new files from http://sws.vxcomputers.com/includes.zip). Note: backup your database and backup the two individual files you will be overwriting. Not responsible for any data loss or issues.

B. Go to Configuration > Mail

Mail Type - SMTP
    SMTP Port - 587 (make sure this isn't blocked on your server/firewall)
    SMTP Host - tls://smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP Username: enter in that 'main' email address you made. (ie. [email protected], [email protected])
    SMTP Password: your_strong_password

Step 5 - The Trick

A. This is the part I figured out that makes this possible. It is the key to making this work with multiple departments. Log into your 'main' email account (ie. [email protected], [email protected]). Click the "Settings" link in the top right corner. Click the "Accounts" tab. In the "Send mail as:" section, click the "Add another email address you own" link. Enter in the name of the department (ie. Company Support or Company Sales) and enter in the respective email address. Click the "Next" button. Send the verification. Wait until you get a new support ticket in WHMCS. In the new ticket, find the verification code and paste it into the pop box that is open from your Google Apps accounts.

B. Repeat Step 4 A for as many departments as you have

Note: Step 4 will enable you to have multiple support departments and will prevent your email from being marked as spam. Some providers such as Hotmail will show your emails as "From Company <[email protected]> on Behalf of Company Support <[email protected]>". I don't see a workaround for this and it doesn't really bother me. When they click the "Reply" button, it will reply to the respective department. The only way to totally stop this is to enable SMTP credentials at the department level rather than globally (in whmcs).

I don't think I missed anything, but if you need help just reply.

Regards,
    Anthony

Default Google apps smtp settings.

for google apps this is how it has to be setup...

for your smtp it has to be

smtp.googlemail.com

port 465 & enable ssl

no need to put anything in front of it..

it will work just fine and perfect.

pop3 settings are pop.gmail.com ssl enabled port 995

hope this helps you

Default how to correct spam

Many emails coming in using the Google Apps email piping are being marked as spam and thus being moved into the Google spam folder. Google Apps seems like a nice way to have email tickets integrated but does anyone have this problem? I went back to using pop email piping with my cpanel email accounts so that all incoming emails will be picked up.

Awesome, well-written and well-documented information. It would be more informative to me. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thank you
    Bizworldusa

I have a persisting problem.

I followed the first post and the latest steps taken to enable the Email Piping.

Server provider tells me that the cron job is setup and running. I have setup the SMTP for the mail and the POP for the department. But still no Support Ticket Email Log is created.

I have tried several steps suggested for a week with no luck.

Seems to be broken with WHMCS version 5.1.2. I upgraded from version 4 where our Google Apps was configured in the SMTP and now we have clients saying that our emails are being marked as spam. I followed all six pages here along with an hour of creativity in changing things up, but still no luck. Just when things are working right, it breaks. Seems pretty coincidental if this is a Google thing when I just upgraded WHMCS.

Regardless of whatever happened.. we can't have emails being marked as spam. Need to figure a workaround.
    Last edited by Erik; 08-25-12 at 11:24 PM.

I just tested this simple PHP code and it worked..

Code:
    <?php

require_once "Mail.php";

$from = "<google apps email address>";
            $to = "<to email address>";
            $subject = "Hi!";
            $body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you?";

$host = "ssl://smtp.gmail.com";
            $port = "465";
            $username = "<google apps email address>";
            $password = "<google apps password>";

$headers = array ('From' => $from,
              'To' => $to,
              'Subject' => $subject);
            $smtp = Mail::factory('smtp',
              array ('host' => $host,
                'port' => $port,
                'auth' => true,
                'username' => $username,
                'password' => $password));

$mail = $smtp->send($to, $headers, $body);

if (PEAR::isError($mail)) {
              echo("<p>" . $mail->getMessage() . "</p>");
             } else {
              echo("<p>Message successfully sent!</p>");
             }

?>  <!-- end of php tag-->
    Now to figure out how to implement this..

The opening post is about 3 years old now. WHMCS natively supports most of this, but if anyone needs assistance send me a PM and I'll respond within a week or two.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast