Some pre-sales questions

caracena

Question

Hi folks. First timer here.

I'm setting up everything to start offering hosting primarily -but not limited- to customers in my country. Being a non-English speaking country I'm facing some obvious problems with my site/service. One of them is the language but also the currency. I also have some other questions I would love to clear before I purchase WHMCS and start its configuration:

1. Can I have separate templates for different languages and/or currencies? In my site I'll have PHP manage the translations but in my understanding, WHMCS works with static pages with it's own templating system
  2. As I don't want WHMCS to depend upon automatic currency exchange, can I make WHMCS take the prices from another DB? Or can I freely make my PHP site look for the currency within WHMCS's DB so it updates on my main site?
  3. Will I be able to send variables from within my main site to WHMCS? For example, when a visitor writes a domain name in my site's domain search box. Will I be able to send him to WHMCS's domain search page and show him the results of the search?
  4. I would like to offer all my customers a lifetime 10% discount for every referral (up to 30% or so). Is it possible? For this they would need to have access to a unique referral code they can pass to their friends and WHMCS should add 10% discount to him. Or something like that.
  5. The servers I'll use are dedicated so I'll be able to offer VPS accounts to customers. Will they have to be previously configured or is it possible to customize them when ordering?

I know these are a lot of questions and I'm sure I'll come up with many others so thank you in advance for any help on this.

Cheers!

1 answer to this question

Can I have separate templates for different languages and/or currencies?

possibly yes, not as native feature but it can be done with customized function

can I make WHMCS take the prices from another DB?

No

can I freely make my PHP site look for the currency within WHMCS's DB so it updates on my main site?

use Data Feeds to display product prices and currency in external pages

Will I be able to send variables from within my main site to WHMCS? For example, when a visitor writes a domain name in my site's domain search box. Will I be able to send him to WHMCS's domain search page and show him the results of the search?

Yes, there is integration code for domain checker (basic one), but you can also use API Functions to communicate to WHMCS

I would like to offer all my customers a lifetime 10% discount for every referral (up to 30% or so). Is it possible? For this they would need to have access to a unique referral code they can pass to their friends and WHMCS should add 10% discount to him. Or something like that.

you can set recurring affiliates commissions, also commissions can be different based on products or clients, more

The servers I'll use are dedicated so I'll be able to offer VPS accounts to customers. Will they have to be previously configured or is it possible to customize them when ordering?

this depend on the provision module used to automate VPS creation if it support those feature or not