How do I add a link to an external control panel on a product management page?

neaweb6

Hey guys,

I am setting up a product that is managed by a third party that I am selling on my WHMCS installation. There is not a module for it. In order for my clients to manage this product, they must visit a link (e.g. example.com) and then sign in. Is there any way to add this link to their Client Area on the page where they manage this product?

I don't want it to show up for everyone, just those who have purchase the product.

Thanks in advance!!

if it's an external site and you just want to link to it, it'd likely be easier just to modify the clientareaproductdetails.tpl page and add the link in there... you'd be able to use Smarty on that page to identify if the product shown on that page uses this external 3rd party site and, if so, link to it.

of course, if you're familiar with the Class system used by WHMCS, you could add a link (for an applicable product) to the navbar and/or a sidebar by using an action hook.