Customize the WHOIS search?

Hello everybody,

I am new to WHMCS system and to this forum.

I am developing a website based on WHMCS which includes a domain search form (In my main page).

How can i customize the way WHMCS returning results of a WHOIS search?

Can I add suggestions (based on auto-complete) with my own logic?

Please point me to the correct documentation on how (and if) this is possible.

Best regards,

israelvainberg84

The specific WHOIS results are drawn from the ICANN registrars and you can not alter that public information.

When I visit GoDaddy for example and perform a domain search, they suggest multiple domains. I don't think the script / algorithm is to hardcore but it's still really nice and if your talking about that, I would keep diggin' because you'll find something.

There is a WordPress plugin on Codecanyon that is rather nice but you may not be using the WP Bridge setup.

Also, consider checking out Nameboy, Domainr plus Domize and Lean Domain Search. I bet if you reach out to those guys (just perform a WHOIS hehehe) and ask for some advice / tips or tricks into the right direction you'll get some love.

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I was actually planing to build a search algorithm similar to the one used in Domainr.

The closest thing that WHMCS is currently offering is the Bulk TLD search (which isn't the same).

I did not see any hooks available so I am not sure that this is even possible.

Any suggestions...?