Importing from WHM

Hi, I am new to all this and am still in the process of setting everything up before my site goes live.

I have created a package in WHM called personal to package name appears with my reseller account name before the package followed by an underscore i.e.

reseller_personal.

So far I get this.

I have then created a new feature list using feature manager in WHM to limit some of the abilities of this package and then gone back into edit package to add this feature list to the package I have created.

So far, so good.

Now in WHMCS I have set up my server and it all works well I assume as there is no error message and it is not showing any accounts to import as I haven't got any accounts yet.

I then set up some products after creating a product group in WHMCS.

I made the product name match the package name in WHM i.e. reseller_personal, is this correct?

When I then edit this product in WHMCS and choose the Server Settings tab I have picked Cpanel from the drop down list of (Applies to Server Type), is this correct?

I have left Default Install Server as Use System Default is this correct?

Do I now have to enter the same package name that is set in WHM into the edit box of WHM Package Name?

Do I need to enter any other information into the fields on the Server tab i.e. Quota, Email Accounts or FTP Accounts etc?

The reason is that I have specified what to allow this package with the feature list in WHM but on WHMCS that feature list is not visible.

Does WHMCS automatically pick up on the features that have been set up in WHM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirk.., :roll:

Hi, I am new to all this and am still in the process of setting everything up before my site goes live.

I have created a package in WHM called personal to package name appears with my reseller account name before the package followed by an underscore i.e.

reseller_personal.

So far I get this.

I have then created a new feature list using feature manager in WHM to limit some of the abilities of this package and then gone back into edit package to add this feature list to the package I have created.

So far, so good.

Now in WHMCS I have set up my server and it all works well I assume as there is no error message and it is not showing any accounts to import as I haven't got any accounts yet.

I then set up some products after creating a product group in WHMCS.

I made the product name match the package name in WHM i.e. reseller_personal, is this correct?

When I then edit this product in WHMCS and choose the Server Settings tab I have picked Cpanel from the drop down list of (Applies to Server Type), is this correct?

I have left Default Install Server as Use System Default is this correct?

Do I now have to enter the same package name that is set in WHM into the edit box of WHM Package Name?

Do I need to enter any other information into the fields on the Server tab i.e. Quota, Email Accounts or FTP Accounts etc?

The reason is that I have specified what to allow this package with the feature list in WHM but on WHMCS that feature list is not visible.

Does WHMCS automatically pick up on the features that have been set up in WHM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirk.., :roll:

I have now managed to set up a test account in WHM and import it into WHMCS, that bit works like a dream.

I am still trying to fathom out another issue.

I take it that when I sell a hosting package on my site and I have set up the payment gateway etc, that when the client clicks the button and buys the package it is now sat waiting in WHMCS for me to action, is this correct?

OK, does the package they have bought automatically pick up on the feature list that I set up for it in WHM?

Many thanks

Kirk :?:

Yes, as long as the package name in WHMCS matches the package name in WHM.

It depends what automation setting you've chosen; the account can be created immediately after the customer has paid if you like.

Hi, thanks for replying.

I am probably being a complete idiot here but does the first line of your response relate to my last question about WHM feature list etc...

And the second line of your response relates to my question about a bought package sat waiting in WHMCS.

Is that correct

Thanks

Kirk :)

By feature list do you mean space/bandwidth/addons etc? That is what I mean.

And my second line is exactly that.

Yeah , feature list as in WHM, you know you create a package feature list to put certain limitations on specific packages.

Anyhow, you have helped me out now. I have managed to create a client with a package in WHM and import it into WHMCS.

I have managed to create a client in WHMCS and also place an order for the test client in WHMCS, accept it all to check all emails are getting through. Then I opened WHM, hit list accounts and Hey Presto the client is there with the correct package.

Many thanks for your help

Kirk :)

• 4 weeks later...