Error Message shown when trying sending email

CyberDaeng

Hi,

I recently have a problem when I try to send email from the WHMCS Portal to my client.

Email Sending Failed - SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

Email Queue Processing Completed

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Illuminate\Database\QueryException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away (SQL: delete from `tblemailtemplates` where `name` = Mass Mail Template) (SQL: delete from `tblemailtemplates` where `name` = Mass Mail Template)' in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/clients/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/clients/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php(0): WHMCS\Terminus::whmcsExceptionHandler() #1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Terminus->whmcsExceptionHandler(Object(Illuminate\Database\QueryException)) #2 {main} thrown in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/clients/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php on line 0

I'm very sure that the SMTP Setting is 100% correct.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Cheers...

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

This error means that your MySQL Server is closing the connection WHMCS is using. This is usually due to the timeout value being set too low to allow all the tasks to be completed.

You'd need to work with your server admin/hosting provider to increase the wait_timeout and perhaps also the max_allowed_packet values in the MySQL Configuration. Other values that might be causing this are the connectiontimeout in Apache/connTimeout in Litespeed.