Group Pay Broken

VortexServers

Ever since updating to WHMCS v6 our group pay is broken and clans/communities are upset with not having a way for their members to donate directly to their hosted services, we get the below error and sadly the developers we got it from are MIA:

Warning: require(modules/addons/group_pay/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/clients/grouppay.php on line 9

Warning: require(modules/addons/group_pay/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/clients/grouppay.php on line 9

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'modules/addons/group_pay/functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/clients/grouppay.php on line 9

Any ideas on what we need to do to correct this?

Any ideas on what we need to do to correct this?

you don't specify which group pay module it is, so i'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume it's this one...

https://github.com/craftyshaun/whmcs-grouppay

if so, there is one obvious error in the code for v6, though I don't know if it will fix your issue...

in modules/addons/group_pay/grouppay_callback.php, the first three lines are..

<?php

include '../../../dbconnect.php';

change it to...

<?php

include '../../../init.php';

and see if that helps...

you don't specify which group pay module it is, so i'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume it's this one...

https://github.com/craftyshaun/whmcs-grouppay

if so, there is one obvious error in the code for v6, though I don't know if it will fix your issue...

in modules/addons/group_pay/grouppay_callback.php, the first three lines are..

<?php

include '../../../dbconnect.php';

change it to...

<?php

include '../../../init.php';

and see if that helps...

Getting a 500 server error now after doing that:

The website encountered an error while retrieving https://vortexservers.com/clients/grouppay.php?hash=64a69-63758-e5290-cdaf1-2b1a9-53257-6a. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Getting a 500 server error now after doing that:

you could try enabling the module debug log in utilities -> logs -> module log and see if that gives any further clues.

dbconnect.php doesn't exist with v6, so that plugin as is will never work with v6 - i'd hoped the change to init.php would work.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.0_Release_Notes#Removal_of_Dbconnect.php

6.0 sees the removal of the dbconnect.php file from the root WHMCS directory. This file has been deprecated since WHMCS Version 5.2 and has remained only for backwards compatibility with older modules. As of 6.0 however, any scripts which still rely on including the dbconnect.php file to function will need to be updated to instead include the init.php file. When including the init.php file, it is not necessary to include any other WHMCS files.

perhaps you no longer need the line below it in grouppay_callback.php... ?

include '../../../includes/functions.php';

maybe the path to functions.php is wrong in group_pay.php ?

require_once 'functions.php';

try giving it a full path from WHMCS root...

require_once '/modules/addons/group_pay/functions.php';

there's a similar link in callback too.

also, there is a call to dbconnect.php in Front End Files/grouppay.php - if this file is used, that'll need replacing too.

btw - I know it's too late now, but you should have ideally checked all your addons were v6 compatible before upgrading - looks like it's been 2 years since this was last updated.

maybe the path to functions.php is wrong in group_pay.php ?

require_once 'functions.php';

try giving it a full path from WHMCS root...

require_once '/modules/addons/group_pay/functions.php';

there's a similar link in callback too.

also, there is a call to dbconnect.php in Front End Files/grouppay.php - if this file is used, that'll need replacing too.

btw - I know it's too late now, but you should have ideally checked all your addons were v6 compatible before upgrading - looks like it's been 2 years since this was last updated.

Sadly had to upgrade at some point due to 5 being EOL so had no choice there and ya the developers disappeared so not sure what I can do.

Tried the other suggestions and still no dice sadly.

Sadly had to upgrade at some point due to 5 being EOL so had no choice there and ya the developers disappeared so not sure what I can do.

at some point, but not until you could safely upgrade - regardless of EOL, if it was working fine with v5 (and you didn't need any new features from v6), i'd have stuck with it until you could find a similar solution for v6+.

Tried the other suggestions and still no dice sadly.

in the front end files grouppay.php, the following should be changed..

define("CLIENTAREA",true);
require("dbconnect.php");
require("includes/functions.php");
require("includes/clientareafunctions.php");

require("modules/addons/group_pay/functions.php");

to...

define("CLIENTAREA",true);
require("init.php");
require("modules/addons/group_pay/functions.php");

i'm getting a bad hash error, but nothing more than that - no missing requires etc