PayPal Subscriptions

dryice

So my users are having a very hard time with PayPal subscriptions. The majority of them don't understand how it will pay the invoice automatically. However, there are quite a few that do understand the automatic payment and do enjoy it. My question is, if a user pays their invoice manually, but is on a PayPal subscription how can I suppress the automatic deduction? Users are getting frustrated with the double payments, and despite my best efforts to put the warning on the invoice they continue to pay manually in advance.

So here is the scenario:

User gets Invoice 2 weeks before auto draft

User pays invoice manually

User gets auto drafted two weeks later

Credit appears on WHMCS

How can I stop the last two steps?

Is there a way to change the email title for the subscription users only, to say Auto Payment reminder instead?

untested, but the following should work as the subject line for the invoice created template...

{if $invoice_subscription_id}Auto Payment Reminder{else}Customer Invoice{/if}

if there's no subscription_id value, then the email subject will say "Customer Invoice"; if there is, it will say "Auto Payment Reminder".

the same idea could be used to change the content of the email depending on whether they have a subscription or not... you could even use {$invoice_payment_method} in addition to confirm it's a subscription to paypal rather than a subscription to another payment method.