5.3.14 to 6.x Ugrade - How to Migrate DB?

autolux

hi all,

forgive me if this is glaringly obvious, but i'm attempting to test moving from 5.3.14 to latest 6 and cannot find much detail on migrating or restoring the db under v6.

i can't seem to install 6 without starting with a fresh db? whats the process for restoring old data etc. the 'upgrading' documentation page seems lacking or i am blind.

to upgrade from v5 to v6 you need to carefully follow these steps:

1) Take a backup of your website Files and Database (most important).

2) Check v6 System Requirements, and apply their recommendation for best performance.

3) Upload the latest version of WHMCS (currently v6.1.1) to your website where you have WHMCS already installed.

4) Go to the installer page to complete the upgrade process.

5) No go to Admin Area -> General Settings -> *Template* and select "Six" template of your template does not support WHMCS v6.

6) In cPanel remove old cron files, and link to the new one check here.

7) Also make sure that all of the 3rd party modules used by your WHMCS compatible with v6+ or update/disable incompatible ones.

8) Check your website functionality (place orders, check invoice/downloads/and other sections) to be sure that everything is going well.

9) If you got any blank page or any kind of errors, enable the debug feature as described here, to know where the issue come from, then you will be able to fix it or find someone to help you with.

10) What else? :?:

Thanks mate, my bad. When I firsted attempted it and manually entered all details for license/database etc it seemed to refuse to move forward with the existing database.

When I copied the 5.3.14 configuration file to the new full 6.1.1 dir it went through with an upgrade process.