Double Side Menu during cart process

Guest vuzuggu

I am experiencing issues with my cart process in WHMCS. Notably, the sidebar duplicates only when doing the checkout on cart.php page.

i60.tinypic.com/2hn0s5x.jpg

Would anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this.

It happens on two order forms: boxes and standard cart. Standard Cart is the one I want to use.

Yes the template was integrated by WebsiteIntegrations.com although it appears it wasn't very well done at all.

I have replied but they said it was because I updated to 6.1 from 6.01. I have had to make quite a few edits to their 'integration' since it was so bad. But none would have caused this. I have just been changing colours at the moment. I replied again but haven't heard back yet.

I have replied but they said it was because I updated to 6.1 from 6.01. I have had to make quite a few edits to their 'integration' since it was so bad. But none would have caused this. I have just been changing colours at the moment. I replied again but haven't heard back yet.

in fairness to them, if they did their template integration before v6.1 was released, then I can see why there may be issues with the new order-form templates - standard cart wasn't introduced until v6.1, so they would have had no knowledge of what to expect.

Didn't realise that, I suppose that is fair enough. The rest of the mistakes still aren't acceptable.

You seem like you know your stuff. Can I ask you one more question, on the main page, there is a widget called Recent News. Where is the code for this? I was hoping to have it display the latest blog posts from my wordpress blog. Any idea if this would be possible?

You seem like you know your stuff.

appearances can be deceptive! :)

Can I ask you one more question, on the main page, there is a widget called Recent News.

technically, it's a home page panel - a widget is something else in WHMCS (shown only in the Admin Area).

Where is the code for this?

the code for the default home page panels is encrypted - so it's not possible to 'edit' the code directly.

if you want to add/remove/edit a home page panel, you would need to use an action hook as specified in the documentation below...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Working_With_Client_Area_Home_Page_Panels

I was hoping to have it display the latest blog posts from my wordpress blog. Any idea if this would be possible?

I was involved in a discussion in the thread below about adding RSS feeds to these panels - that can certainly be done.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?106067-Trying-to-display-RSS-feeds-in-Client-Area-without-success

Wordpress blogs tend to have RSS feeds... as an example, here are four custom panels from my v6 dev site - 2 BBC News feeds, the WHMCS blog (which I believe uses Wordpress), and the WHMCS Twitter feed.

Screenshot_1.png

unlike the news feeds i've tried previously, the WHMCS blog has very long descriptions which required some additional truncation code be added to the hook - I hadn't considered the potential need for truncating until now and so adds another complexity to the project - the twitter feed will need further work too! :roll:

if you want to PM me a link to your blog, I can see if it can be incorporated into a panel.

• 3 weeks later...