Whmcs 6 upgrade problem

hostingbagus

Hello, I keep getting this error when trying to upgrade to whmcs 6.0.1 from 5.3.14

Upgrade Failed

A problem was encountered while attempting to apply the database schema updates.

The error message returned by the update process was as follows:

Unable to complete incremental updates: Unable to import the 6.0.0 Alpha1 database file. Unable to import /home/****/public_html/clientarea/resources/sql/upgrade600alpha1.sql: Table 'tblupdatehistory' already exists

Any idea?

I'm using php 5.5, latest ionloader and also innodb.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

i've seen a number of threads about this... perhaps the one below will help.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?102762-Error-during-upgrade-6-0-issues

Yes I saw this thread earlier before posting.

However the issue I'm having here seems to be during the installation/upgrade to 6.0.1 is in just under 1 minute before the installation finish. The request timed out.

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I even tried to do a clean install on a new database. It still does the same.

Never had this sort of issue before with 5.3.12 to 5.3.14

Since the install corrupted before even finish, I can't re-install it again. When I tried to reinstall this error appears:

Unable to complete incremental updates: Unable to import the 6.0.0 Alpha1 database file. Unable to import /home/****/public_html/clientarea/resources/sql/upgrade600alpha1.sql: Table 'tblupdatehistory' already exists

I have also tried to drop the following tables above. Didn't help it at all.

Interestingly when I tried installing whmcs 6.0.1 using softaculous it works great!

Installed in just 1 minute.

The only problem now is how do I restore to the old database? I tried to overwrite the fresh installed database with the old backup. But then whmcs stopped working and this error appears: Down for Maintenance (Err 2)

An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...

Looks like I really need to do the incremental upgrade to properly restore the database, which is impossible to do no matter how many attempt I have tried.

Any suggestions will help! Much Appreciated.

Thanks!

I had the same issue. and i did read some wear that the V5 database is not the same as the new v6.1 so it will not work. i have even tried to just sql the client table into the new V6 data base and you get errors. so a full new install of V6 and then you have to set it up from scratch.

If any one finds out if you can get a V5 data base to work on V6.1 let me know.

I had same issue updating to V6.0.1.. Tried all kinds of variations of clean installs vs copying over existing.

The issue is PHP timeout is stopping the update. I had to increase the PHP execution time to over 2 minutes before the update would complete. And I timed it. It took right at 2 minutes.

IMPORTANT! But it will only work on a database that has not had the update tried on it.

So this is what I did.

I uploaded whmcs files to a clean folder on my host.

Restored old data base that had NOT had the upgrade tried on it. (you should have a backup prior to starting the upgrade)

Ran update.

Update finished, no issues.

Then set PHP timeout back to 30 secs.