Affilliation script/hook

sweethome

hello,

I'm happily using whmcs for some time now and would like to start using the affiliation system better.

The problem is the affiliates can only send the surfers to one URL, under the whmcs installation.

This is bad for few reasons:

1. In most cases whmcs will be under different server/hostname, preventing the SEO juice from affiliate sites to pour over the main hosting site.

2. It's not possible to send surfers to different pages on the site. Ideally affiliates will send traffic to any page under the corporate site with the suffix aff=XXX and from there on tracking will start using cookie as usual.

We are using Wordpress for the corporate site.

Our main site is under http://www.domain.com and whmcs installation under my.domain.com (these are 2 different machines).

I'd like to hear how other webmasters are dealing with whmcs affiliation system and how it can be used best.

thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin,

2. It's not possible to send surfers to different pages on the site. Ideally affiliates will send traffic to any page under the corporate site with the suffix aff=XXX and from there on tracking will start using cookie as usual.

you could take a look at the WHMCS Any Page Affiliate addon from NHP - I think that will do what you want to do.

https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/481/WHMCS-Any-Page-Affiliates.html

A major problem, I also see with the Affiliate system, is that is based on a single order. Other words, if the client gets sent to your site and buys something via the affiliate link, the affiliate gets credit. However, if they just go directly to your site, or purchase something in the future and don't use the affiliate link, the affiliate doesn't get credit. To me, I would think you need the ability to assign a client to an affiliate. That way, any orders placed from that client are credited to the affiliate who referred them. At this time, you can only assign an order to an affiliate and not a client to an affiliate. I'm considering writing a module to do allow this.