TLDs .ve and .cn don´t show in search...

bbuske

hello, I have a question...

Whenever we try to register a domain it works just fine, also the other alternatives... however, there seems to be an issue with the .cn and .ve TLDs.

As you see in the screenshots, all the .ve domains appear as taken (Even though I know they are not after checking directly with CONATEL) and don´t show up in the domain recommendations either... if I search for a .cn domain, I do get the recommendation for the other domains (Except for the .VE domains) but the query for the .cn domain remains empty.

Any ideas? WHCMS 2.2.13 is what we use... Any help is apreciated.

Sin títul1o.png

Sin títul3o.png

Sin título.png

Whenever we try to register a domain it works just fine, also the other alternatives... however, there seems to be an issue with the .cn and .ve TLDs.

As you see in the screenshots, all the .ve domains appear as taken (Even though I know they are not after checking directly with CONATEL) and don´t show up in the domain recommendations either... if I search for a .cn domain, I do get the recommendation for the other domains (Except for the .VE domains) but the query for the .cn domain remains empty.

Any ideas? WHCMS 2.2.13 is what we use... Any help is apreciated.

I hope you mean v5.3.13! :)

the .ve entries in the includes/whoisservers.php file are wrong... com.ve (plus the others) should use the entry below (you'll need to update your whoisservers.php file manually and replace the entries for the other .ve too).

.com.ve|whois.nic.ve|No match for

with regards to .cn, the current whois settings are correct - however, in your domain pricing image, for .co.jp (above .cn), you haven't entered the "." - so maybe this is causing the error in the .cn results.

one other thing that's probably worth mentioning - you can't offer ID Protection (Whois Privacy) for all TLDs, it works with most gTLDs, but most ccTLDs don't use it.

from your TLD list: .ve, .cn, .es and .jp domains can't use ID Protection as far as I know - but you may want to check that with your registrar.

Hello Brian,

thanks for the tip. I did make the changes in the registry and added the dot to make it .co.jp.

The .ve domains do all show up correctly now, that is one issue fixed. Thanks for that.

However, after adding the . to .co.jo, the domain does show up, but it doesn't have a price... also it shows up as bbuskeco.jp. The prices are all set correctly for three years, which is what I am getting max. from my japanese registrar. So I don´t know.. readding and deleting didn´t help...

Also the chinese domain still doesnt show up at all.. just a blank result as before.

Thanks for the hint about the domain protection. I did take that off.. It is, that it kept bugging me that the domain registration didn't work, so I forgot all about that one...

Sin título.png

I think emptying your template cache might clear the problem - if you've changed the .co.jp setting and bbuskeco.jp is still appearing, it sounds like its showing an old results page.

utilities -> system -> system cleanup -> empty template cache

btw - you can add .de, .eu and .us to the others that don't use Whois Privacy too.

Hello Brian.

That did not fix it... However, there seems to be the issue somewhere.. I did just to test it delete the .co.jp domain completely and did another check.. mainly to see if the .cn domain would show up now... Well it did not.. but the empty nameco.jp is still listed as above in the screenshot... even though it doesn´t even exit.

assuming it's not a browser cache issue - and searching for domains other than bbuske should do that (or changing template), the first thing I would determine is if you still have any domain prices for the modified .co.jp TLD... perhaps adding the "." reset/deleted the pricing for that tld?

if you want me to take a quick look at the site, feel free to PM the URL - this is one of those things that can often be solved quickly upon seeing the site.

Apparently, the issue was that the .co.jp domain did not get deleted in the list of General Settings - Domains... so it was still listed. Deleting it there and then readding the .co.jp domain to both the general settings and the domain list in general fixed that part. However, there are now two issues still:

1. All the .co.jp domains are taken

2. The .cn domain still does not bring up any result at all.. no is free or is taken message is shown

While I can live with option one, since .co.jp domains can only be registered by japanese companys (which maybe is the issue that they are unavailable) the .cn domain would be important to have. Just to mention: the common .jp domain works just fine.

Have a great weekend and thanks for all your help.

• 5 years later...