Total account balance to show in invoice?

mattr2

Is there any way to show the total account due balance on the invoice? We have customers who are consistently late on paying the invoice. We dont want to cancel their service, but we know it would help if the total account balance (and even the aging of accounts) were posted at the bottom of the electronic and PDF invoice.

Is that possible?

Thanks Kian, what I'm looking for is a simple addition to the web-based invoice, to the email invoice, and to the PDF printed invoice. I think I may be able to figure a few of the items if the tag is available, but I know the PDF invoice will give me troubles.

Is that something you can help us out with in a contracting basis?

Thanks Kian, what I'm looking for is a simple addition to the web-based invoice, to the email invoice, and to the PDF printed invoice. I think I may be able to figure a few of the items if the tag is available, but I know the PDF invoice will give me troubles.

for the email invoice, you should be able to use {$invoice_total_balance_due} to show the outstanding balance.

for the web invoice, the variable you want doesn't exist - so you'll need to query the database, using an action hook, to make the calculation; for the pdf invoice, you can use the same sql query directly in the template to create the variables and then output them as you wish.

if you want to do account aging, then again it will be an SQL query to calculate the balances for the periods you require.

As brian said you can use {$invoice_total_balance_due} for emails. For all the rest you need to query and print the result in 2 different files. It's really simple.

Sure no problem.

• 4 months later...