Joomla wrapper and WHMCS

routerboy

Hello

How are you most of you handling "The thanks for registering" email message and logout portion when WHMCS is part of the wrapper of a Joomla site? I'm still on the local machine with Joomla and I have a bitter sweet situation:

1) If I remove the header from WHMCS:

I invoke the wrapper menu option using Joomla 1.5x and when the user logs in - everything works as expected. I add a custom menu along the top within the wrapper so that it looks like a submenu to the site's overall menufor support issues only. The client can do everything from create tickets to review details...and if the client logs out, I can perform the action hook back to the index.php page of the WHMCS and everything is good, staying within the wrapper and the client is logged out.

But when the user first registers for an account and I send an email back to them "Thanks for Registering...blah, blah, blah...you can log in here:

http://www.mydomain.com/support/

the user will not get a header of the Joomla site by clicking the link and it looks terrible. I don't see a way to add the Joomla page to the email message pointing back to the support page.

2) If I add a header to WHMCS:

I can simply perform an external link connection within Joomla and when the user clicks it - the external link opens up a new page with the support site. However, I really want to keep the user within the main site.

Why?

I have a WordPress BLOG portion to the site and that takes the user outside the main site, opening another window. I have a shopping cart (I sell products)...and it opens a new window. I want to reduce the number of new windows and keep the user within the main site as much as possible. Plus - after logging in and then out - produces a duplicate header in the lower wrapper window matching the main sites header.

If in option one (1) you can help me understand the link the email should have, I would of course prefer this method over #2. But I need some method to take the user out from the support site that is inside group and either take them to a static page that indicates you've logged out or back to the index.php of the main site. Right now the actionhook takes them to a page but still within the Joomla wrapper.

I'm probably over looking the obvious...:)

TIA,

RB

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but I simply edited the email template and replaced [ClientAreaLink] with a link directly to my wrapped client portal page. I've tested it, and it seems to be working. I did this on the Client Signup Email. I masked the link in the text "Client Portal".

I just realized this does NOT fix the invoicing email. That email defaults to the root URL. There's got to be a way to reference the wrapped url using php. I'll continue to work on it. Maybe create an include to reference or something. I'm not really a php expert... still learning. I know just enough to be dangerous! :o)

The problem is I can't get out of the wrapper without adding my outersite back into the wrapper window. I can use the actionhooks.php page to log the user out, but can't redirect the user out to the site (outside the wrapper) to which the support whmcs site resides within.

I have left a message at Joomla and no one there understands either. :(

RB

We don't use a wrapper, our site is a 2 system site.

Joomla runs the content and WHMCS is the billing/client system

We have never seen a need to integrate the 2 as we wouldnt want customers adding pages etc.

We designed the Joomla template, and WHMCS (Joe) made the WHMCS template look exactly the same.

Simple as that! :)

I just stripped the HTML code from the main joomla template for the header and footer. Copied all the appropriate .js and .css file information. Made some tweaks and adjustments. This was using a copy of the portal template, and I also just upgraded to 3.8.1 without issues.

Joomla!: http://www.happystarhosting.com/

WHMCS (No Wrapper): http://www.happystarhosting.com/billing/

I still have plenty of work to do, and have done no optimization for IE6, because it hate IE6. I may get to it later sometime.

I fought and fought the code and then realized the time I put in...I gave this task to Joe and presto! It now works as I needed! :-P

I had to break myself from thinking about using the wrapper and doing a proper redirect. Now it works like I needed.

I wish some of the other software vendors (like Pinnacle Cart) supported their products 1/2 as much as Matt and Joe do here...

I'm very pleased.

RB