v4 template - admin area, change from 2 columns to 1 column

m8internet

When upgrading from v4.5.2 to v5.0.2 the admin area has changed from 1 plain column into 2 columns with boxes that can be moved around

I much prefer a single column, so tried the other templates, but I didn't much like the look of them (and the simple one failed to display any data)

I therefore moved all the boxes into 1 column, in the hope the interface would realise I only want 1 column and spread the data contained within them, but there was no change

Please advise how to change this, if anyone has managed to do so?

I have just applied that after chasing through the source code, then found you had replied with the same change!

This worked, so was coming back to update this thread

You also have to amend the bottom-padding to 0px, otherwie there is a gap in the middle

I only apply one update at a time and have only just updated to v5.0.2 as there have been very few reports of any issues

I am not finding any issues with v5.0.2

I will have to leave updating to v5.0.3 for some time I spent some time reapplying the modifications previously in place, and upgrading again would mean going beack through this process again...

Something for another day

Now the next step is to update some of the widgets as they are either aligned to the left with empty space (as they are deisgned for 50% width) or centred with space on each side

Very easy to fix

Edited by m8internet

I've noticed a slight error in :

Recent Client Activity

5 lines show correctly

However there is a 6th line No Records Found

So I took the obvious and changed the lines from 5 to 6, but all this did was increase the lines from 5 to 6 and this creates a 7th line with the same error

I can't find anything wrong within :

modules/widgets/client_activity.php

Please advise

You cant

You can, the details are outlined above

I had to perform the same amendment on upgrading from v5.0.2 to v5.0.3

It's really simple and effective

You then have to tidy up some of the widgets, more so in v5.0.3 as they are aligned central

Another amendment I had to make in this upgrade was to modify the page width

The homepage is 900px but the header is 1420px

As a result they are not aligned, seems to be a slight oversight